Chapter Thirteen - Prom

JACOB POV

I walked up the drive-way of Tara's house nervously as I rang the doorbell. 

To my surprise she answered the door. "Heyyy," she said cheerfully, " You ready to go?" 

"Yep," I smiled as I held my hand out for her to grab it.

"I'm so excited," she squealed as she got in the limo. She greeted August and Issa and I introduced her to Megan and Anna. 

"O M G ! Girl I loveee your dress," she said towards Anna.

"Ouu !! my gosh ! I l-o-v-e your shoes," she squealed as she loked down at Megan's shoes.

"I had these shoes,omgoodness, they were just like them, I got them from that shoe store at the mall over on the ice-cream place.....ouu they had the best ice-cream !!!!. Ohh merr gawdd you have GOT to taste their cookies and cream ice-cream..yah'll know what I mean?" she asked finally stopping to take a breath.
".....anyways so I got my shoes from there, it''s from inside the mall down there right by the food court ya know.....omg that food court has the best tacos," she rambled on.

"Oh what was I talking about again?" she stopped suddenly. The others just slowly shrugged as they glared at her.

I swear I had no idea she was that talkative. Damn.

We finally pulled up by Tori's house to pick her up and Tara was STILL rambling on about something. I could tell the others were getting irritated and frankly I was too.

Issa got out and headed up to the door of Tori's house. 

A few minutes later Tori came into the limo with her arms folded angrily as Issa got in after her. The rest of us all exchanged confused looks towards the couple but we knew not to ask what had happened.

"What happen?" Tara asked as she looked at Issa and Tori. The others groaned as they looked at me. I sighed, of course her talkative ass just HAD to ask.

"That's their business," I whispered to Tara.

"No, no,no, she wants to know what the problem is? I'll tell her what the problem is," Tori started up.

I placed my head in my palm as I knew this was an argument about to start.

"I told him my dress was turquoise and he brings a frigging teal corsage," she snapped as she waved the corsage in the air.

"It's all blue," Tara shrugged.

"Uh hmm," I mumbled to Tara trying to get her to hush.

"THANK YOU !!" Issa said as he lifted his hands in the air and brought them down again.

"No,no,no don't you thank her !" Tori snapped as she waved her finger in his face, " this shit don't even match my dress."

"It's only a shade off," Tara said.

"Shhh," I said quietly towards her. Dammit why won't she shut the hell up?

Tori spun her head around, "excuseeeee me?" 

"It's only a shade off," Tara repeated.

I covered my face with my palm praying she would shut up.

"Who the hell are you anyway?" Tori scolded.

"I'm Jakey's date," Tara said proudly as she grabbed my arm. When did she start calling me that?

Tori stared at me nastily as I tried to pull off a fake smile. 'Sorry' I mouthed.

Within minutes we finally pulled up to the school........Thank God.

ANNA POV
   I walked into Prom confidently as I worked my gold sequined long formal dress. Tori had on a blue dress which was short and close fitting while Megan opted for a black cocktail like dress.

We all walked over to take photos and headed to the refreshment table leaving the guys and Tara; Jacob's date to sit. Jacob's date talks so much I swear she hasn't stopped since we met her.

Tori was still upset from earlier so we proceeded to talk to her with caution. "Was it really about the corsage?" I asked suddenly.

"No," she sighed as she took a sip of her drink and put it down," he wants to do it tonight," she sighed.

"Do what?" Megan asked.

"Ya know....it," Tori said followed by some weird gestures.

"Ohhh," Megan and I said in unison.

"So what's the big deal?" Megan asked.

"Well," she paused, "I've never done it before."

"Well are you ready to do it?" I asked.

"Yess, I think so b-but what if it hurts?" Tori whispered as she came in closer.

"Girl is that whatchu worried about? Look at first it gonna hurt," she chuckled, "but soon you gonna enjoy it and you would be riding that dick like you getting paid," she said as she moved her waist around.

"Stop it !" Tori said as she slapped Megan on her hand, "stop joking around this is serious."

"Who says I'm not being serious," she smiled.

I hushed them both as I saw August approaching us.

"Hey," he smiled when he reached us. We all responded 'hey' back.

"Can I have this dance Anna?" he asked suddenly,stunning me.

"Um..sure," I smiled as I grabbed his hand and he escorted me to the dance floor. We stood next to Jacob and his date who was still yapping. I looked over at Jacob who was using one hand to dance and the other was holding his cane/crutch.

I could tell he had practiced for tonight because he now looked comfortable without his chair.

"You look beautiful tonight," August said as he interlocked our fingers as we slow danced. 

"Thank you," I blushed. 

August seemed different than he usually is..........I mean, he was actually kinda sweet.

After the song finished I excuse myself to go to the bathroom.

After coming out the bathroom I looked down the hall and saw Jacob sitting by himself, "Hey," I smiled as I approached him,"whatcha doing out here?"

"Just taking a break," he sighed, " Tara talks so damn much."

I laughed as I sat down next to him.

"You look absolutely beautiful tonight, by the way," he smiled as he looked up at me.

"Thanks,you aint looking too bad ya self," I smiled as I tugged at his collar.

"I could never thank you enough for what you did for me Anna, you're a true friend, I mean you believed in me when I didn't even believe in myself," he said suddenly changing the mood.

"It was nothing," I smiled shyly.

There was silence for awhile then Jacob turned and kissed me. After a minute or so we pulled away and just stared at each other awkwardly.

"Jakey ! there you are !" Tara said as she walked over to us. Grabbing Jacob's hand she pulled him back inside.

I sat there smiling as I thought about the moment that had just occurred..........Are these....feelings?