Chapter Eight - Changes

Anna POV

   "Will your dad let you go?" Michael asked as we chatted on the phone. My parents didn't usually let me go out this late but since I've caught my dad cheating on my mom I have thrown him into a guilt .

I plan to tell mom though but not until I tell my parents I'm not going to Harvard.

"Of course, he'll let me go, have you forgotten?" I smiled as I grabbed the outfit I had bought from the bag.

"Since when have you been into blackmailing people? " Michael said suddenly with a change in tone, " You always were too nice but since you started tutoring Jac-"

I cut him off, "Why do you always say that? That's not true," I said defensively.

"Okay, I'm sorry, what time shall I be ready for?"  he asked changing the subject. We agreed on a time and I rushed downstairs to tell my parents about the party.

"Hey, mom, Hi dad," I said cheerfully as I skipped into the kitchen.

They both scrunched their eyebrows at my unusually cheerful demeanor. 

"Hey sweetie," my mom responded suspiciously.

" Daddy," I smiled looking over towards him, "Can I go to a party tonight?" I asked with a sly grin.

"A party?" my mom questioned.

"Yeah, sure you could go," my dad said as he focused his eyes into the newspaper.

"Thank you ! Love ya," I said as I jumped up amd ran upstairs to finish dress.

"You don't even know where the party is, or who is hosting it," I heard my mom scowled as I reached the stairs.

I didn't hear my dad's response as I was too busy running up the stairs. I called Jacob and told him I was coming and we talked for awhile before hanging up. Soon I was dressed and I left to go to the party. Picking up Michael a few minutes later we were there.

When I arrived everyone stared at me. I started to feel self-conscious but then I saw Jacob coming towards me.

He greeted me and invited me to dance while Michael headed over to the refreshment table.

I was enjoying the party it was the first time, I have ever been invited to a party and I was feeling comfortable for awhile. 

As I danced with Jacob I looked over his shoulder and noticed Becca giving me a death stare, feeling uncomfortable I pulled away. "What's up?" Jacob asked sensing my change in mood.

I assured him I was okay and I walked over to the refreshment table where Michael stood talking to Ashley, so engrossed into the conversation he didn't even notice my presence. 

Even though Becca seemed threatened by my presence at the party no one else seemed to be everyone was very welcoming, the basketball team and even some of the cheerleaders that were there. Some of the guys from the team even asked me to dance.

Around midnight, Michael and I left. " Yo, that party was awe-some," Michael said as he jumped in the car holding his phone as he longed to text the newly saved number in his phone but he didn't want Ashley to think he was desperate.

                                                        -----------------------------------

    I rolled over to my side at about 4am as my phone rang through the darkness. Who could be calling me at this hour?

"Hello?"I answered drowsily.

"Dude, Ashley just told me that Jacob got in an accident and he's in the hospital," I heard Michael voice ring through the phone. He din't really like Jacob because he thought he was an asshole but he was still concerned.