Chapter Five - Priorities and Parents

Anna POV

     I rushed over to Michael's assistance after Jacob pushed him into a table. "Omg, are you okay?" I said helping him up. Michael tried to tell Jacob it was an accident but he wasn't having it. Soon a short man pushed through the crowd and ordered us out. I helped Michael up and we left.

"I hate guys like that," Michael said angrily as he sat in the passenger side of my car, "it was an accident ! They feel they could pick on anybody." I sat as I listened to Michael vent as we sat still parked in the parking lot.

"Let's go by McDonald's, " I suggested realizing that we still hadn't really eaten.

"Yeah," Michael agreed, "at least they have a drive-thru so the chances of running into pompous idiots are minimum."

When we arrived at McDonald's we ordered via the drive-thru and I parked and we ate in the parking lot. Michael was obviously still angry at what Jacob did. Jacob was always aggressive towards people weaker then him so him reacting the way he did,didn't surprise me. I remember other incidences in school where people messed with him and he reacted the same way. We never really talked but he was always in at least one of my classes.

I woke up the next morning body achy and tired after having been out late with Michael. I reached over to my alarm clock turning it off and headed towards the bathroom. After showering and tying my hair in a ponytail I pulled on a hoodie and some jeans. I lazily walked into the kitchen as my shoes screeched against the marble floors, I walked over to the cupboard grabbed a bowl and some whole grain cereal and sat down at the table on my own.

A few minutes later my mom rushed downstairs fully dressed for work. "Where's dad?" I asked having noticing earlier his car wasn't there.  Even though I was glad in a sense because I wouldn't have to hear about how great Harvard was and how I would love it.

"He left earlier to go court," she said as she poured coffee, "Wait a minute," she said looking at her watch, "young lady why are you still here? Time for school go, go, go," she said chasing me out the door. I sighed and put the bowl in the sink as I grabbed my backback and headed to my car.

I picked up Michael and soon we were on our way to school. Michael was cheerier than i had left him last night he was seemingly back to himself. As we walked towards the school building he complained about his father wanting him to stay behind and help out the family business, "At least your father wants you to go to college," he argued.

"Anna ! Michael ! Wait up, " we turned to where the voice came from and saw Ashley pulling away from the popular kids coming towards us. "Rick and I were thinking that we could start the project at lunch since we both will have practice after school, Is that okay?" she asked as she caught up.

"Sure," Michael said. I just nodded. Where did Michael get this confidence from? I could never speak to one of them without having a breech in my self-esteem. 

"Cool, See yah'll in the library at lunch," she said as she turned on her heel and walked back towards her group.

"She's so hot," Michael whispered lustfully after her.

I turned towards him suddenly, "What?" I asked stunned by his statement.

"Nothing," he replied being saved by the bell, "Let's get to class."

My first class was Chemistry, I walked into the class and found a seat in the corner, soon the rest of the class filed in. 

After an hour class was over, as I gathered my things Mr.Rock looked up, "Ms.Belle and Mr.Latimore, I would like you two to stay after class please," he said stunning me. What did I do?