Chapter Sixteen - Decisions

ANNA POV

When I got home from going out celebrating with the team I decided to call Michael. "Hey," he said quietly almost in a whisper.

"What's the matter?" I asked confused. 

"Nothing," he said lightening his voice.

"Well there has to be something because every time I talk to Jacob or mention him to act funny,wait a minute, you still judge him don't you?" I snapped.

 "It has nothing to with any of that," Michael shouted stunning me, " it has nothing to do with any of that."

"Then WHAT?"  I snapped, "You never hid anything from me before why you starting now?"

There was a silence. Michael gave a deep sigh, "I like you okay? I've always liked you from the first day of school when we met in the bus but you never noticed but a guy comes around a couple months and all of a sudden he likes you, he barely even knows you, the real you like I do and I just didn't know how to tell you but I guess I missed my chance."

I sat on my bed with the phone pressed against my ear. I tried to speak but no words were coming.

After a while of silence Michael sighed and said goobye. I sat while after just shocked how could I not notice? It all made sense now.

JACOB POV

   After the game I went out with the guys to eat and hang out. When I arrived home I noticed a black car in the driveway, who could that be?

I walked in the door to see my mom standing hugging and kissing a guy in a suit. "Mom?" I said as I stood stationed at the door.

"Hey Jake," she smiled brightly,her eyes sparkling with joy.

The guy turned around, "Hey son,"he said. I noticed it was my dad. I barely recognised him, he wasn't hostile as he usually was he was different. I proceeded towards him with caution, I wasn't prepare to let my guard down yet. As I walked towards his open arms and hugged him I couldn't help but leaned on his shoulder and smile. This was a different feeling; a feeling of comfort.

"Graduation's tomorrow, you ready?" he asked as we pulled away from our embrace.

"Yeah, I got this really cool suit, did mom tell you I got a scholarship?" I said abit too eagerly. I collected myself and hide my excitement. "Don't let your guard down just yet," I pep talked myself. 

We spent the rest of the night catching up and talking about the party I was holding after graduation.

Awhile later I decided to give my parents some time alone and I headed upstairs to call Anna. I walked up the stairs happily our house was full of laughter, not pain, I hope it lasts.

I dialed in Anna's number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hey Jacob," she answered. I noticed she had sounded abit different like she had something on her mind.

"What's the matter?" I asked concerned.

"Nothing much," she sighed.

"Tell me what's up," I replied.

"Well," she paused, " Michael kinda spilled his heart out to me earlier he said that he liked me."

" What's wrong with that?" I asked.

"Nothing," she sighed, " I just don't know how I feel about it."

"Well.um...do you like him?" I asked. I could tell in her voice that she had been thinking about this alot. I had no problem with it I guess, besides our relationship was just flirtacious for the most part neither of us had commited because infact neither of us knew what we wanted. 

"I don't know," she whispered faintly. 

{Sorry it's so short}