Chapter Two - Chemistry

Anna POV

     Michael and I walked into the half empty halls and headed to the library to hang out before class. I stopped by my locker and grabbed my books for first period. "Don't you ever wish you were popular?" Michael asked suddenly, stunning me by the randomness of the question.

"Well, I don't know, I guess it would be nice, but then everyone will be watching you and trying to do everything you do," I responded.

"What's so bad about that?" he asked as he closed his locker which was next to mine and leaned up against it. I shrugged and we headed to the library.

Soon the bell rang and we headed to first period, English. When we reached the class we were greeted with a test. The class groaned as the papers were being handed out. I was prepared for it though, it's not like I had anything else to do this weekend but homework, I never go to any parties.

The bell rang to end class and we handed up our test. " How was it?" I asked Michael as we exited the class together.

"Ehh,passable," he said with a shrug. "See ya at lunch,"  he said as he turned the corner for his second period, leaving me to walk on my own.

I walked down the hallways with my hood on and my head down as to not attract attention, I hated walking around on my own.

Just as I turned to walk in my class, Jacob and some guys from the basketball team came barging through the door from the opposite side causing me to be knocked against the ground.

"Yo nigga stop playing," Jacob laughed tackling the other guy to get something from him, totally oblivious to the fact that they just knocked me to the ground. I sighed and picked myself up along with my Chemistry book.

"Jerks," I mumbled under my breath.

"Jakey babe, I wanna run something by you," I heard from down the hall, ugh, the annoyingly chirpy voice of Rebecca, his girlfriend aka the rudest, most condescending girl in school.  I don't get why every guy in school lust after her she's pretty but beauty doesn't mean anything with a bad attitude.

I broke away from my stare towards the couple and headed into the class where I found a seat a the front. Soon after the bell rang and Mr.Rock entered the classroom followed by the couple and their friends who made their way directly to the back of the room.

"Alright class," Mr.Rock said about to start his lesson, " I have back your results from your previous test which by-the-way was horrible done except for  Ms.Belle who seems to be the only one paying attention in class." he stated as he placed my test infront of me, " Good work." he smiled.

"Thanks," I said shyly trying to bury my head in my desk.

Mr.Rock continued passing out the paper.

"WHAT? A 'C'?"  Rebecca squealed causing everyone to fall silent and focus to the back of he class, "How dare you give me a C."

"Ms.Richards I give the grade you work for, maybe if you spend more time studying like Ms.Belle you would have gotten a better grade," Mr.Rock said calmly as he sat at the edge of his desk.

"Well, everyone isn't a loser like her, some of us have lives," she shot back glaring at me. A few giggles were heard from her two musketeers Megan and Tori. I could feel the eyes around the class glaring at me expecting me to respond. I calmly slouched in my chair wishing class would hurry and be over.

"I hope you remember that when you come to Ms.Belle for a job a few years down the road," Mr.Rock said getting up and heading to the board to start teaching.

"As if," she scoffed, followed by giggles around the class.

Forty-five minutes later Chemistry was over, I grabbed by books and quickly made my way out the class to third period.

Jacob POV

  When we arrived at the Chemistry room for second period only a few people were there, "I told yah'll I don't like being too early for class," Issa groaned as he made his way to the back of the clas and slouched down in his chair.

"It ain't gon' kill you," August responded finding a seat next to him.

I felt my phone go off and I checked it. I smiled widely as I saw photos Becca sent to me.

"What you over there smiling at?"  Issa asked taking his feet off his table and directing his attention at me.

"Nothing," I smiled attempting to put my phone away. No way I was about to let him see a photo of my girl half naked.

"Lemme see," Issa said grabbing my phone from me and running out the room.

",Yo nigga stop playing," I laughed trying to tackle him. He pushed open the classroom door and ran out in the hallway with me on his tail. I slammed him against some lockers, "give it back." I laughed trying to pry my phone on his hands.

"Jakey, babe, I wanna run something by you," I heard Becca say coming towards us with Tori and Megan in tow.  Finally able to get my phone back I smiled as she came towards me..

"What's up babe?"

"We got to go and pick out our outfits for the dance early,"  she said grabbing hold of my arm and directing me away from Issa.

" The dance is weeks away, we got plenty of time," I argued.

"Yes, I knowww, but everything must be perfect plus we gotta get you a custom tux," she smiled leaning up against me.

"Wait Wait? A tux? What's wrong with jeans a tee and a jacket?" I asked turning to her.

" Babe, you can not be serious,"  she said glaring sternly at me.

"Finee, I'll get a tux," I agreed to avoid agreement.

"Good," she said satisfied, "come on we don't wanna be late for class," she continued grabbing hold of my hand. "Did you enjoy the photos I sent you from the locker room after gym class?" she smiled as she bit her bottom lip.

"Yes, I did," I responded grabbing her waist as we walked into Chemistry behind Mr. Rock followed by Tori, Megan and Issa.

Mr. Rock announced he will be giving our test back. A test I did not want to see.

"Yo, yah'll catch the Heat game last night?" August asked turning to me and Issa we nodded in agreement, " shit was crazy," he continued.

Mr. Rock passed, "Watch your mouth Alsina," he said as he placed my paper in front of me," You need to do better Mr.Latimore."

I turned my paper over, ugh, D. Suddenly I heard Becca squeal from nearby, " WHAT? A 'C'?" I heard her say causing the entire class to turn and look back. I don't know what the hell she complaining about shit I got a D. I turned and focused my attention back to Issa and August while Mr. Rock and Becca went at it, damn, she never backs down no matter who you were. August, Issa and I continued talking about the game for another thirty minutes then we kinda tried to listen after Mr.Rock pleaded with us to pay attention.

A short nap later class was finished, I stretched and made my way to third period.

After sleeping half-way through fourth period it was finally time for lunch. I met Becca by her locker so we could walk in the cafeteria together. We walked into the cafeteria and was making our way to our regular table. "Think fast," August said throwing a basketball at me.

"Yoo," I said barely catching the ball with my freehand.

"Pass," Issa said from my left and I let go of Becca hand and threw it to him.

"RIghtt, I'll go get us lunch, meet you at the table," she said walking away.

"No problem," I said as I get an unexpected throw back from Issa.

I threw the ball to August but he missed causing the ball to go flying across the cafeteria hitting a girl in her face causing her to hit the ground throwing food over her clothing.

"OHHHHHHHH," the cafeteria erupted.

I ran over to her,"Yo,I'm so sorry," I said helping her up, "you aiight?"