t e n

Friends Know Best

We gonna need a vineyard up in here!

Jenny and Holly had answered my prayers, and both of them came to my rescue with an abundance of wine. Although Jenny had made her way through most of them and had sat on the floor with a hazy drunken look in her eyes. Holly was much better at handling her alcohol and seemed more giddy than drunk.

"So what the fuck happened?" Jenny enquired, fighting to keep her eyes open. Slurring her words and swirling her wine. She got very sleepy when drinking wine, which I found oddly hilarious. At least we found one thing to weaken her inner...and outer bitch.

"I cooked him dinner, and I told him I couldn't do the whole friends with benefits thing anymore" I shrug coldly, looking down at my empty glass of wine. This night was getting a little too much and the girls had only been here an hour, but my alcohol storage had been almost drank dry. "But to make me feel even more shitty about myself, he called it meaningless sex. Like thanks Luke!"

"Well technically friends with benefits is like meaningless sex" Holly adds, causing me to shoot her a glance, her eyes shifted to the side and widened to beyond their usual size at my reaction.

"Just forget him April, he's an ass hole. You're beautiful and sexy and if anyone deserves happiness its you" Jenny, although completely intoxicated, had just said the most heartfelt thing she had ever said to me. Wow.

"Oh my god Jenny, how soft have you gotten since hooking up with Michael?" Holly furrows her eyebrows, questioning her motives.

"I'm hammered, and Luke's a dick" she retorts, not even biting at the fact Holly had brought up Michael. That was a good thing.

Jenny had sprawled out on the floor, ready to fall asleep. Holly and I say on the sofa, with our legs tucked under our bodies. I think the verdict from this girls night meant Luke was an ass, I deserved better, and we didn't have a girl fight over Michael and Calum...thank the lord.

"You know the best way to get over someone?" Jenny questions, perking up slightly as she drunk the water I had strategically laid out on the coffee table.

"Whats that?" I ask, already knowing the answer, but I wanted to hear her solution.

"Get under someone else, like make Luke jealous. Rub it in his face that he doesn't get to have you" The look on Jenny's face suggested that she was proud of this suggestion.

"I mean it's not a bad idea" Holly shrugs, again diverting her eyes from mine before taking a sip of her wine. What happened? did hell fucking freeze over, when did these two agree on something.

"I mean I like the thought of him being jealous, but I don't want something meaningless this time" My eyes look from Holly to Jenny, then back to Holly.

"I have the best idea" Jenny sequels. oh no...

"Spill!" Holly exclaimed, unable to contain her excitement, my eyes just roll at the two of them. This is my life, I would like an input.

"Michael said-"

and here we go

"-that Ashton was looking for a girlfriend, why don't we set you up with him. That way Luke can see you two dating and then he will get jealous and want you for himself" Her eyes looked more alive now than what they had done the entire night.

"I think you're forgetting one thing. What does Ashton want? It might not be me" Instantly I begin chewing on my nails, this was a bad idea

"Even better idea" she paused, putting her hands up in front of her with her fingers splayed out, envisioning her idea "Fake relationship"

"Jenny that's a dreadful idea" Holly sighs, her eyes roll at the idea before downing the remnants of the wine in her glass. We thought wine would make our girls night of drinking seem more sophisticated than what it really was, although to an onlooker we probably appeared as alcoholics.

"What else do you suggest then?" she asks us, as if the idea she came up with was the only plausible route we could take in this situation. It wasn't...

"Why is Ashton my only option?" I giggle slightly, my lips forming a smile. This was such weird conversation I couldn't quite get my head around it.

"He's like a sex god, why wouldn't you want him in your bed" Holly blushes.

"Guys come on you're not serious right?" My smile had dissipated.

It turns out they were serious, and my life last week was so much simpler. I was only fucking Luke the other day and now my best friends were suggesting I basically marry Ashton. This was too much.