t h r e e

Luke who?

What the actual fuck happened last night? I ask myself as a distinct throbbing sensation makes itself known in the prefrontal cortex of my brain, alongside a dry grainy feeling in my mouth

I ask myself as a distinct throbbing sensation makes itself known in the prefrontal cortex of my brain, alongside a dry grainy feeling in my mouth...clear indications of a colossal hangover. I couldn't remember much from last night but my body told its own story, looking under the covers at my naked stature I notice a plentiful of bruises all over my hips and breasts, the aching in my legs made it clear to me that Luke and I had sex last night. That thought then brought to my attention what else Luke and I got up to last night, we made a sex tape; why did drunk me agree to do stupid shit like that?

Painfully I begin my journey to the bathroom, grabbing my dressing gown from the back of the bedroom door to cover up my modesty. I traipse through into the living room almost gagging at the scent of the place. Everything from last night had been left untouched the box of pizza still left out on the coffee table surrounded by a number of glasses and bottles of empty spirits, the distinct smell of regret lingered in the air. I didn't even want to look at the rest of that area where Luke and I had spent most of the evening, in fear that I would remember our antics that had left me black and blue.

First things first I decided a shower would be the best way to remove every trace of last night, well not every trace, since my body had been Luke's playground just a few hours ago. Waltzing through into the bathroom where most of my possessions still lived within a box, I look contently at my features in the mirror analyzing myself for further evidence of sexual activity or damage; but nothing to report other than messy hair and makeup strewn down my eyes. Turning on the water I let it run for a while so's that I can get myself prepared for a long soak and a hell of a lot of theoretical thinking. I retrieve my shampoo and conditioner along with my loofa from the box labeled bathroom, before hauling myself into the shower allowing the hot water to course over my battered and bruised skin.

***

Last night played on my mind the whole afternoon, and I couldn't think of anything other than Luke...apart from that god damn sex tape which he had on his phone probably showing all of his friends. I pondered about going over and asking him to delete it, but then I also wondered what would happen if we saw each other again, would I feel disgusted or turned on? I wasn't quite sure.

By around late afternoon, I'd had a few of my closest friends over for a small housewarming party...one which didn't entail drinking alcohol. Holly and Jenny, my best friends and work colleagues arrived at half past three while I was continuing to sort through my belongings and get my life together, I couldn't wait to fill them in on the gossip which was Luke Hemmings.

"Hey!" they both exclaim in unison as I open the door for them. Jenny my old roommate embraced me in a huge hug right away, she was a tall girl with dark hair, pale skin and a lot of confidence. Holly, on the other hand, was at the other end of the spectrum, short with big bushy curls, dark skin and more of a recluse. It was funny looking at our friend's group, how different we all were yet still found ourselves in this inseparable bond.