o n e

Neighbours

I think I'd felt every single emotion possible as I throttled the last of my belonging into the apartment blocks lift, feeling absolutely exasperated with how heavy these boxes were what the hell did I put in them? I think to myself whilst letting...

I think I'd felt every single emotion possible as I throttled the last of my belonging into the apartment blocks lift, feeling absolutely exasperated with how heavy these boxes were what the hell did I put in them? I think to myself whilst letting out a huge sigh of relief, at the knowledge that all of my possessions had been transported safely from the ground floor all the way up to my new eighth floor apartment.

I'd been counting down the days until I could move in and today was that day, the feeling of pride and excitement washed over me as the lift made a little dingle noise to signal that I'd reached my floor. At the ripe age of twenty-one, this was now my first place all to myself, as prior I'd been living with my work friend Jenny but I think she's glad to see the back of me if I'm honest. The final box I'd brought up with me had all of my books encased inside which made it incredibly heavy, my tiny hands attempt to grip onto the cardboard sides, but I fail miserably as it slips right through them. Now I'm resorting to dragging the box and I feel as though this sight of me would be hilarious to my new neighbours; ones I hadn't even made aquatints to yet.

Rummaging in my pockets for my new house key I have a sense of panic, thinking that I may have lost it in the process of moving things up. Shit! I mutter to myself as I frantically search my person for the one thing I really needed. "Looking for this?" the sound of a sweet yet alluring voice spoke, causing me to turn around in the direction it was coming from. Holy shit My inner self gasps, as I see the gorgeous man standing just a few inches away from me, holding the key to my apartment in his fingers. He was tall and slim but well built his blonde hair forming a quiff giving him the look of extra height, the deep blue in his eyes intoxicatingly beautiful and the way his teeth nip on his bottom lip to play with the lip rig he possessed made my head spin. Say something, you just look weird staring at him.

"Oh my gosh thank you so much" I gush retrieving the object from his grasp, already I can feel my cheeks burning in embarrassment.

"Hey don't mention it" he flashes a genuine smile making my knees go weak. Oh for fuck's sake April keep it together. "So, um you're new here right" questioning as he cocks his head slightly.

"Yeah I'm just moving in" I shrug looking from him to the pile of boxes outside my door

"Do you need a hand or anything? I just live across the hall it's really no trouble" the smile still perched on his lips with every word he spoke, and almost instantly I thought I'd struck gold; a handsome neighbor who's offering to help me move my stuff in...how could I refuse I mean who wouldn't?

"Yeah that would be amazing thank you" My lips form a sincere smile as I turn to open the front door of the apartment that I hadn't seen since in a good few weeks. Only god knows what the state of this place is going to be.

"I'm Luke, by the way, Luke Hemmings" he chirps, the cool air hitting me as soon as I enter the hallway which sent chills down my spine. The scent of the place that of new carpet with the faint smell of fresh paint still lingering...this was home.

"Well Luke Hemmings I'm April" giggling as he attempts to lift one of the boxes into the apartment "Watch they're heavy" exclaiming as the box slips from his hands causing all of my books to tumble to the floor with a bang

"Shit, I'm sorry I didn't realize how heavy these boxes were" a frown taking pride of place, replacing the smile he once had just moments ago.

"Don't worry about it Luke, I've read those books so many times I'm surprised they aren't too badly damaged already" he knelt down and began to pile all of the books up, placing them back into the box neatly, before coming to a naughtier book which I knew he'd make a comment about.

"You read this one as many times as you claim to have read the others?" he chuckles, those precious blue eyes watching my every movement.

"Yes and more" smirking back at him as I pick up another lighter box in the hallway "By the way since you're helping me the least I can do is make you dinner"

"If this dinner offer involves a takeout and a beer I'm down" we both walk through into the small living space, my couch and a few other items sat gathering dust in the position the moving men had left them in. "You've got your work cut out" he remarks looking at the dreary apartment lacking any form of colour and personal flair.

"Tell me about it"

Over the course of the next few hours, Luke and I worked our way through the piles of my stuff, predominantly things for the kitchen and living room which included plates and cutlery, glasses and some groceries that I'd bought before arriving here. Making sure I had most of the essentials out, I'd made the bed with fresh sheets and hung curtains up on the rail above the windows giving the place a more homely feel to it, Luke hooked up my T.V and before we knew it the time indicated that we deserved a much-needed meal and anything laced with alcohol. I hoped that over the course of the evening that I'd get to know my across the hall neighbour Luke Hemmings a lot better...and It turns out I did.

Authours Note

Hey guys, so thats the first chapter of 'Video Games' please tell me what y'all think. I'm super excited about this one so I hope everyone else is.

Stay Beautiful

Lots of love

~Yasmin xx