Chapter 4

Nicole’s POV

After the game Dean said “I want you to meet someone important to me. She lives with my mom though.”

Me-I thought you didn’t have any sisters?

Dean-I don’t but I have a daughter her name is Merci Nicole Knight; she’s two.

Me-And ummm her mother ?

Dean-Dead.

He said it with a straight face.

Me-Did you love her?

Dean-No she a thot .

Me-How’d she die?

Dean-Drive by on the street.

Dean- Nicole stop asking questions and Merci was at my house when her mother died, her mom died when she was a month old.

Nicole’s POV

Wow his daughter has my middle name, we pull up to his house and Dean’s mom comes out and says “Hey baby.” This is the 8th time I met her because Dean doesn’t visit his mom like that.

Merci’s POV

I saw my daddy. I ran outside and said “Daddy, daddy.” Then he picked me up and said “Hey princess.” I said “Hi is that mommy? Hi mommy.”

Nicole’s POV

Merci said “Is that mommy? Hi mommy.” Dean looked at me with pleading eyes so I said “Hey baby.” Merci gave me a kiss on the cheek and she said “When can I go home with you guys. Granny made it clear she doesn’t want me.” Dean glared at his mom and said “If she’s such an issue you could’ve called me I would’ve gotten my daughter; my creation, MY FAMILY! You don’t have to let a (I covered Merci’s ears) fucking two year old know she’s not wanted here.”

Dean’s POV

I went inside and grabbed all of my daughters stuff and put it in a couple of bags then I put them in my car. I took the car seat from my trunk and put it in the car and Nicole buckled her in. I drove to my condo its right by the Fort Lauderdale beach. It has two bedrooms and two bathrooms.

Merci was asleep so I told Nicole to grab her, then Nicole whispered “Oh that’s why you have that pink princess room.” I nodded my head. Then Sparkle (The dog I bought Nicole; it’s a Maltese) greet us at the door.

Nicole’s POV

I laid Merci down on the couch then I started on dinner. I made chicken cutlets, lettuce and Spanish rice.

Then Merci ran in the kitchen while I was squeezing lemon juice on the baked chicken cutlets so it can have a lemony flavor. She said “Mama I hungry.” Her tummy growled and she said “See.” I said “When was the last time you ate?” She said “Yesterday.” TF? She’s a baby her grandma is a wicked bitch. I sat baby girl down around the table and put her food in front of her then I yelled “DEAN DINNER TIME!”

Dean walked in and we said grace then ate. Merci said “Mommy can I have more?” I made everyone a second plate.

After dinner Dean kissed me he said “Bae I’ll be back, she can sleep with you if you want.” I said “Okay.” Merci said “Night daddy.” Dean said “Night baby girl.” Then Dean looked me in the eyes and said “Night my queen.” I kissed Dean and said “Night my king.”

Dean’s POV

I promise myself other than Nicole I won’t trust anyone else with my daughter, people treat her bad. I just had no time for her with my job being a drug dealer, school, and football. But Nicole lives with me so she’ll always make time for her. I love Nicole. As I walked in the trap house everyone said “Sup boss.” I went to my office counted my money, make sure everything’s right. I took some stacks out so Nicole can spoil herself and Merci tomorrow. Then my right hand Bullet said “Aye I killed one of the workers he was stealin our bread, man me and you got families to feed.” I nodded and told Bullet “Good looks.”

Nicole’s POV

I bathed Merci and put her to lie down in the bed. Then tomorrow I have cheer practice, I’m going to see if I can enroll her in the day care across the street from my school, At least something close. I know she has to come to practice with me tomorrow. Saturday’s me and Dean Chill with our friends then do something or go somewhere together Saturday nights.

I cleaned the kitchen and packed all of Merci’s things neatly away in her room. I fed Sparkle and she ate then followed me to my room so I can put her in her puppy bed. I made sure all the lights were off and when I got to my room I turned off the lights then snuggled with Merci. She whispered “Mommy do you love me?” I said “Yes I love you princess, why’d you ask?” She said “Because grandma said nobody loves me not even my daddy,” She started crying. I said “I promise I won’t hurt or leave you ever and I promise I’ll love you no matter what.” Then Merci kissed me and said “Mommy I love you.” Then I heard little snores.

Dean’s POV

I woke up Nicole so she’s in time for practice. I made pancakes, eggs and bacon for breakfast. I bathed my daughter and made her brush her teeth then I put her robe on her and said “Tell mommy chose your clothes.” She nodded. I said “Cole I’m out love you bae.”She yelled “I love you too boy!”

Nicole’s POV

Me and Merci ate , then I put cartoons on in her room so I can go take a shower , when I got out the shower I put on black Nike dry fit shorts , a pink Nike dry fit shirt , and pink and black Nike sneakers. Then I brushed my teeth and put my curly hair into a pony tail.

I said “Merci!” She said “Yes?” I said “come on let’s find you something to wear.” I went in her drawer and I took out black true religion shorts for her and  a purple Ralph Lauren Polo , then I took out her purple toms and put them on her small feet and I put perfume on her . Then I put her long curly hair in a ‘messy’ bun. I got a sock then put her hair over it and pulled some out then I put gel on her edges and she said “Don’t forget snackies.” I grabbed granola bars, and some cosmic brownies, water and juice. Then I put Dean’s iPad in Merci’s back pack and I said “Come on.” She said “I bring Sparkle?” I said “Why not?” Then I grabbed Sparkles water dish, treats, and her doggie bag.

I got in Dean’s White BMW. I strapped Merci in and then I let Sparkle sit in the front seat.

When I got to practice on the track I told Merci to sit with Sparkle and she nodded and said “yes mommy.”

Jade, Taylor, Destiny, Cynthia and Aaliyah all came over and said “Whose this cutie?” I said “My daughter.” In a whisper I said “It Dean’s daughter but she calls me mommy; her mom is dead.” Aaliyah said “What’s her name?” I said “Princess?” She said “Yes mommy?” I said “Tell them your name.” She said “I’m Merci and this Sparkle.” She pointed to the puppy.

Then our coach came and we ran the track four times then stretched then went over the competition cheer and added new moves in it. After three hours of practice it was time to go.

Destiny, Taylor, Jade, Cynthia, Aaliyah, and Anique all said “Nicole any plans?” I said “Well Dean gave me money to buy little one and I some clothes, so the mall.”

Meri’s POV

When we got to the mall mommy bought me a stroller and anything I asked for she got me in the stores Justice and the Children’s Place . Then she went to other stores and bought me and herself a bunch of things . Then I said “Mommy I’m hungry.” All my mom’s friends agreed , so my mom just bought three boxes of pizza for all of us and she gave Sparkle some treats. Then Aaliyah said “Nicole let’s go to the beach.” Then my mom said “Ask Merci.” I said “Yeah.” Then my mom said “Ima go drop my stuff off at the house.”

Nicole’s POV

Once we all got to my house and brang all the stuff in Taylor said “Let’s stay and watch a movie .” I said “okay.” Only cause Merci was knocked out sleeping,