Chapter 2

Ashley's POV

Nicole finally came home and she looked so happy. Then her smile quickly vanished when her mom said “Where the fuck you been?”

“Des house you told me it’s okay for me to go as long as I have a ride home.”

Then her mom started punching and kicking her. Nicole ran out the house and I followed.

“You okay?”

“Nah I’m gone.”

And she got in her best friend Dean’s car and said “I’ll kik you don’t tell.”

“I won’t.”

My aunt said “Where is she?”

“I don’t know?”

Then she started crying …. Like you’re the whole reason she ran away anyways.”

*Skips to Monday*

Dean’s POV

Me and Nicole went to her guidance consular. I said “Make sure if ANY of Nicole’s family comes and asks for her say she’s not here.” She said “Why?” Nicole said “I get abused and I’m living with Dean, I don’t wanna be in the system. Please help me.” She called an emergency meeting with the principal, and secretaries and anyone who can grant access that Nicole’s in school and she explained then she said “I need Dean since he’s eighteen or his father to fill out information on you.” Nicole said “Okay.” Then we left to class.

I’m glad Nicole’s happy. But she said “Dean thanks, for everything.” And she just kissed me. Which she never was bold enough to do that. I kissed her but I deepened the kiss and said “I love you.” She said “I love you too Best frend!” Then she walked in class ; I’m glad she’s happy.

Nicole’s POV

I walked in first period , I really didn’t have clothes so I had what Dean choose for me to wear which was these camo shorts a black Jordan 23 shirt with Bred 11’s.My hair is in a bun cause later it’s a cheer competition and I don’t really like wearing my uniform during school cause it can get dirty throughout the day.

Our captain Aaliyah was kiking us all day. Don’t get me wrong I love cheering; it’s a sisterhood. Liyah got us all excused from third period so we can practice cheers.

During lunch she said “Nicole do you know any cheers?”

I said “Um yeah. Green, Gold [5x] White [4x].What about , What about ,What about that color shout Green ,Gold [5x] White [4x] alright Titans !”

Then we practiced cheering games for varsity only it's like 17 of us. Aaliyah said "My name is Liyah" [Yeah] "And I love cheetah's"[Yeah] "And I'm a leader." [Alright] Then I said "My name is Nikki" [Yeah] "And I'm so picky' [Yeah] "And I hate being sticky." [Alright] Then Mia , Nina ,Destiny , Taylor , Jade , Gabby , Ashley , Mesha ,Casey , Jasmine , Trinity , Alyssa , Yasmine , Cynthia , Natasha , Shantelle , Brianna and Jojo went , it was fun.

I don’t really talk in school or anything so my friends Destiny, Taylor, Cynthia, Jade and Cynthia and Jojo said “Wow someone’s talking.”

Aaliyah said “Go to lunch.” We were in 2nd lunch; I saw Dean and he hugged me from behind. I giggle and said “Hey best frend.” His homeboys were passing him dappin him up. But in front of everyone he kissed me. Then he whispered in my ear “I’ve always loved you Nicole.” So I nodded and said “I love you too.”

Then Aaliyah snapped a picture. Leave it to her to investigate and play cupid. Dean said “Nicole do your best at competition tonight ; I’ll be watching.” That made me so happy. I have an amzing best friend.Chris texted me “I need you to shine out there , I’ll be watching.” I knew its cause Nina’s on the team and she probably begged him to come.