~*~

{Narrator's POV}

A cold breeze blew across Jack's pale face and nipped at his skin. The monochrome clown was leaning back on his palms as he stared up at the dark sky. The very few stars and shining crescent moon that hanged above seemed to captivate Jack, but in reality the only thoughts that swirled around in his malevolent head were those of the woman from last night.

Tonight was the night!

Jack had been patiently waiting for this exact moment where he could avenge his dignity. This woman had caused the clown enough trouble already and he wasn't going to find out what more she could do.

Currently, she possessed Jack's treasured heirloom and only anchor he had to the human world—meaning that if the dreaded woman broke it, he could no longer travel between his realm and earth. 

"Hehe... Look how peaceful that building looks like... She must be curled up under her blankets and dreaming on her bed...", Jack mumbled under his breath as his legs dangled off the building's edge. A smirk appeared on his face as he sluggishly got off the ground.

His shoulders bounced as he muffled his amused laughter. The clown reveled in the quietness of the night and slowly walked over the edge to fall off in midair. His smile contradicted the common fear of falling as he quickly disappeared in a puff of black smoke.

Jack's body suddenly materialized inside of one the halls in the hotel and a satisfied smirk creeped onto his face. The clown walked on the ground as if he were walking on a tight rope and spread his arms out comically as he sung his FAVORITE song.

"Up and down the London Road, In and out of the Eagle... That's! the way the monkey goes..", Jack's childish laughter rung out inside the hallway as he paused near the second to last verse of the song. His lean statue stood in front of a door and he gently opened the door knob to find a certain sleeping figure in the room.

Jack took pleasure in every step he took and his bloodlust only grew. Once he stood next to the woman's bed, he leaned forward and placed his black lips next to her ear. 

"POP GOES THE WEASEL!"

The woman's eyes shot open and she instinctively jumped out of bed. Her head whipped to look at all her surroundings as she tried to comprehend what had just happened. Then, much to Jack's amusement, her eyes landed on the monochrome surprise that smiled down at her mischievously.

"...H..Help! HEELLLPP!!!", the woman suddenly regained her senses and started to back away from Jack in horror as she cried out for help. The clown chuckled as he watched her stumble and fall on her bottom. He tilted his head and took elegant strides toward the terrified woman.

"They can't hear you doll, I put everyone in a deep sleep. Why do you think it's so quiet and peaceful tonight?", Jack jokingly asked her as he bent down and stared at her trembling body.

His smile faded and a his snarky expression turned grim.

"I'll only asked this once... Where is my toy box? It seems little Jamie's parents gave it to you for saving their precious son, right?" The question left the woman stunned and she had to take a moment to recover her voice. "...It was yours..? Are you... Laughing Jack?", she asked a bit timidly as her big, (e/c) eyes stared up to meet Jack's dark ones.

He smirked and nodded his head.

Jack suddenly felt proud by her realization and decided to stand up to his full height and make a dramatically bow. "The one and only! I am Laughing Jack, your best friend forever! Ahaha!!" Jack's laughter sent chills running up the woman's spine and her eyes widened in shock.

"Now, Answer. My. Question.", Jack asked sternly and kneeled down again to stare at the woman at eye level. The woman's gaze turned to the bed behind us and sent a smirk to Jack's devilish face.

However, the woman jumped up and sprinted toward the bed before Jack could even process what had happened. Her quick reflexes reminded Jack of that night where everything went wrong, where that woman spoiled his fun too early in the game.

Jack shook his head and sighed as he watched the woman clutched the toy box defensively against her chest. He rolled his eyes when he realized what was coming.

"You can have it!"

Jack's eyes shot open and he stared at the woman with wide eyes. His demeanor suddenly changed when he began laughing.

This woman was insane!

Usually, when his victims noticed Jack's urge and desperation to get ahold of his box again, they'd use it as compensation for their lives. However, this woman was willing to just give it up without a second thought. Interesting little prick I found.

"By all means take it! I don't want it and if its yours then take it back!" Jack's ears perked up at the woman's word and he raised an eyebrow. "Oh? Why is that?", he asked and the woman knitted her eyebrows as if the answer was clear as day.

"I want you out of my life! If I keep this, it feels like I'm keeping you and it's awful!"

Her sharp words struck Jack unexpectedly. Hurt began to well up in his chest and for some reason he felt a lump in his throat. "Well, isn't that nice to hear. No matter, I promise I'll leave once you hand me that box." Jack's smile suddenly returned as he realized the woman wasn't anything special.

She was using the box as compensation for her life. She just made it seem a little more subtle.

"Here!" She yelled out as she tossed the box at Jack. The clown, with a knowing smirk, looked down at the box and felt the bloodlust grow inside of him. NOW, he could kill her.

Jack chuckled as he stared down at the box, but then he suddenly furrowed his eyebrows. He wasn't sensing his magic inside of it and as he turned the box to face the moonlight, he realized in his claw he held a... a jewelry box.

Rage surged through Jack's veins and his head jerked up to glare at the woman.

However... She wasn't there anymore.