Alonzo sat outside honking his horn for the fifth time while waiting for Arnani to come out the house, he sighed and called her phone again but it rung until voicemail. He turned off the engine of his car and went to the door knocking, no one answered. He picked the lock and went up the stairs when he got to the top he heard loud moaning he scrunched up his face disgusted and shook his head banging on the room door.

"Shit it's my mom." Quay spoke nervously as they both scrambled up and grabbed their clothes, Q put on his boxers and opened the door.

"Sorry ma- Oh it's you, nigga how you get in my house?" He said confused, Alonzo gave him a bored expression and twirled the toothpick in his mouth he peeked into the room seeing Arnani putting on her bra and panties.

"Hurry up." He glared between the two and leaned in the door frame while Q glared back at him, as they envied each other deeply, they would never say it but they both were jealous of the little things about one another, Quay was jealous Alonzo stayed with Arnani and they were always together, but Alonzo was jealous Quay had Arnani's heart even though that was his wife, or soon-to-be. Arnani came to the door with a flushed face and kissed Q's cheek.

"Bye." She said as she walked past Alonzo, he chuckled and winked at Quay following Arnani down the stairs and out the house, he raised his eyebrow at her wider hips and flicked the toothpick away.

"Remember what happened last time you had sex." He said getting into the jeep, Arnani rolled her eyes and glared at him.

"Please shut up."

"I'm not ready to be a step daddy." He laughed, Arnani squinted her eyes at him and punched him in the arm, it didn't hurt him so he laughed at her.

"Adorable hija." He smiled driving off, they drove in silence except for the Afro-Spaniard music in the background. The drums played loud over the mariachi sound of maracas and a woman whose voice melted to your ears.

"Who is this?"

"Buika."

"She sounds like a Spanish Sade." He looked over at her raising his eyebrow and turned the music up a little more. Arnani turned it down.

"Is she black?" He nodded and turned it back up, she turned it down.

"Like mixed or?" He shook his head and turned it back up, she turned it down.

"WHAT!" He glared at her and she laughed.

"Does she still perform?" He shrugged and reached to turn it back up.

"Do not fucking turn this back down." He threatened through gritted teeth, Arnani put her hands up in surrender and sat back as he turned it up they turned the corner pulling up to the house.

"Fuck." Alonzo said looking at the cars parked at the gate, an older man stood at the microphone next to the security guard, three bigger men stood beside them looking around at their surroundings while a woman stood off to the side looking at her white gloves.

"What? Who are they?"

"My parents."

-

Alonzo's father stood tall in the living room while his wife sat beside him with her lips pursed together tightly, she was a thicker woman who had a dark chocolate complexion her nose was wide and her lips were thick, from her accent you could tell she barely spoke English but more Spanish if any language, she had 4c textured hair that was pinned back from her face, Alonzo's father was tall and buff he had a scar across his lips and his complexion was medium, his face showed wrinkles and his eyes showed war he had salt and pepper hair that was slicked back by gel he wore a big diamond ring on his pinky and carried a dark long cane with a snakes head carved into the wood. He and G stood about the same height with Alonzo a few inches behind the two.