T A K Ë N

15. M I R A

      They look like creatures come to life from a nightmare

Their bulking figures span over eight feet. Skin blotchy and pink which strains over protruding bones. They are devoid of facial features, however, ominous red lips round the space where their noses should be. Their limbs are of a humans, but they are not covered in cloth. They don't need it because, they don't have private areas. Finally, their hands and feet are tipped with black claws.

I whisper in astonishment, "What are they? This day just keeps getting stranger and stranger."

"I have no idea," Thorn replies. "But, I'm hoping I fell asleep on the beach, and this is a wine induced dream." Her voice is small as she tries to reassure herself. "I'll wake up soon." She nervously chuckles.

One of the beasts flies into the air and lands with a thundering aftershock near the entrance of the garden. The shed vibrates with a tremor, and I look to her.

I shake my head, "I don't think your asleep Thorn, and I definitely don't think this is a dream."

The creature opens it's mouth revealing a heinous sight. It has nine circled rows of jagged teeth, leading to a forked tongue. The pink ligament slithers out of its mouth like it's tasting the air.

"He's smelling the air," Thorn whines in fear.

He's about to walk deeper into the garden when a command from behind, halts him.

      A sword cuts through green shrubbery. A lanky man dressed in dark armour walks out from the shadows. He has long red hair, it flows around his angular face. His dark eyes stand out against snowy skin. And, he does not come alone, behind him the figure of a woman emerges, followed by another man.

      The woman has spiked blonde hair. She wears a complicated suit of metal that reveals the tattooed skin of her arms and legs. Her feet are encased within boots, that have spiked red bottoms.

      Finally, the last man enters the light. His hair is shaved close to his head. His body is roped with thick muscle. He is dressed from neck to toe in black, with a red insignia over his heart. The symbol is of a serpent curling around a sword, one I recognise. From his shoulders hangs a crimson cape, and his waist is belted with an armoury of weapons. One of his eyes had rotted to a black hole.

"He has to be the leader," Thorn voices what I'm thinking. The one eyed man holds himself with an air of superiority, that the other two don't posses.