*What Is Forgotten*

"Carrie Chase?" JJ states the name specifically.

"Reid, you're not fucking with us are you?" I ask.

"No, I am not. Who is this Carrie Chase?" He asks again, looking around for answers.

I sigh heavily and mutter an 'oh no'. "Is this bad that I don't know?!"

"Yes, extremely." Prentiss comments.

"Carrie Chase is your girlfriend?!" Garcia spoke loudly.

"I have a girlfriend?" Reid looks at me and I confirm Garcia's claim.

"What is the last thing you remember?" Hotch ask.

"I remember going into a meeting and that's it. Morgan was late and we were already discussing the case without him."

"What day was that?"

"September 21."

I groan loudly. "He's talking about the moments before Carrie was introduced to the team."

"Who is Carrie? And if she is that important, how come she isn't here?"

"Carrie Chase is-or was your girlfriend." Rossi pipes up.

"On the way to the hotel, the unsub put a bomb in her car while we were searching for you."

"Oh god, is she alright?!"

"That's the thing, her survival chances are really low." Hotch states. "She jumped from the car while still driving at high speed. She was the one who located you."

"She's the one who found me? And I don't even know her?" He freaks out.

"No Reid," I sigh heavily. "You did know-You DO know her!"

"Then why can't I not remember?" He snaps at me. Wincing in pain shortly afterwards.

"Retrograde amnesia." I stare blankly. "You have Retrograde amnesia. You can't remember prior events before being whacked upside the head. There's no cure."

He looks at me and then the team. "You can't be serious. You guys are playing a prank on me."

"Look at our faces, Reid. Does it look like we're joking? I watched the whole thing with my own eyes."

"No, that can't be possible-"

"But it is, Reid! I watched her jump! I watched her get beaten! I watch her break every bone in her body! I watched the car engulf in flames! I watched her bleed out! I watched her just start at me with shock! But guess what? She still made it her duty to find you, dead or alive." I snap.

"There's nothing we can do or say that'll make you believe us, but Reid, she's another member of the team. She's a profiler and a genius just like you." JJ says with sorrow behind her voice.

"She had a troubled past just like you." Rossi adds.

"This sounds made up. There is no way that this Cassie-whatever her name is,"

"It's Carrie." Prentiss says, getting aggravated.

"There is no way that this Carrie is just like me." He stares at us with worry and confusion. "There is absolutely no way."

"Well then, I guess you're lucky." I frown, slouching down and putting my hands together.

"How?"

"She might not make it for you to see her."

"Morgan..We've talked about this." Prentiss said grimly.

"You heard the nurses, Emily," I turn to face her. "She has twenty percent, and every time I hear a code blue, I can't help but think that the percentage is dropping."

"She'll pull through, she always does."

"You expect me to know her, but I don't know what she looks like? And where are we at anyways? Someone please fill me in."

"We are in Georgia, we were on a case. Tobias brother was a suspect and had kidnapped you and sent dogs out on Carrie," I say as I scroll through the camera roll in my phone. I pull up a picture of them two together and held it up. "This is Carrie Chase, and she is your girlfriend."

"I don't know a single thing about her. I can't be dating someone I don't know."

"If she wakes up, you have to do something. Play alongside with her, and hopefully she won't notice."

"Morgan, we can't do that." JJ says. "She's a genius, she'll figure it out."

"What can we do? We can't break her." I testify.

"But keeping her on the edge? How upset do you think she will be if she finds out? Or what if Reid screws up? We can't do that to her." She makes a point. "Reid, you have to tell her."

"Tell her what? That I want to breakup? That the amount of time we were dating was a lie? That I don't remember her? I can't do that to her. It wasn't her fault."

"But you can't be with her if you can't remember her birthday or name." JJ gestures with pale hands. "You have to tell her something, anything. You just can't play boyfriend."

"She'll be heartbroken," Reid spoke softly. "Her car blew up, she's in pain, I-I-I can't put her through that stress."

"She's in surgery now, maybe time will give you something to remember." Prentiss comments. "If not, you have all the time in the world to remember. If you can't, just meet her again, get to know her."

"It'll break her heart." I roll my eyes. "Do you guys not see that this stress will throw her overboard?"

"She didn't like it all that well when we hid Reid."

"No one liked that," I growl. "Not even me."

"What happen-"

"I'm just saying. He can't play boyfriend and pretend to know her. He can get to know her ago and that is his choice."

"Reid, you can't do that to her." Prentiss shakes her head. "It's not right. You have to tell her."

"But this will do damage that's unimaginable. If she couldn't sleep while he was away, just imagine what will happen." I throw into the fire.

"You have a point, but at least she knows he's safe." JJ yawns.

"She won't have a place to stay, she lives with him." I add. "Where is she going to go?"

"She could crash anywhere."

"She could stay with me." Reid pipes up. "I can't just kick her out, but I don't want to tell her."

"Let's just sleep on it." Hotch looks around.

"Anyways, Pretty Boy, you should get some sleep." I state as I pat his shoulder, then turning towards the group. "I'm going to head to the hotel."

"Same here." Prentiss and JJ say in unison.

"I guess I'll go, I'll be back early morning." He points at Reid. "What about you Hotch?"

"I have to take care of medical bills, and who knows, Carrie might wake up tonight or early tomorrow."