I pulled back a bit and looked at Carl's bright blue eyes. "Do you think that we'll get eaten by them?" As I said that, Carl's eye washed over with worry.

"I'd hope not. I have plans for the future." I continued to look at him, hoping for him to elaborate more on his plans.

"What plans?"

"Well there is one I'd like to get done first..." Carl said this without breaking eye contact.

Before I could as what he'd like first, I felt a slight pressure on my lips. The pressure was Carl's lips on mine, my eyes were wide open until I started to kiss back. My stomach felt like a whole zoo went on a rampage, my eyes fluttering to a close just as he pulled back.

His forehead was resting on mine as he spoke, "To kiss you (y/n). That's what I wanted to get done first. The second thing is, I was wondering if you would like to be my partner I guess. I know we don't know a lot about each other, but we can get to know each other. I feel like sharing things with you that I swore I would never share.

I know we haven't seen each other in a long time and we have only really known each other for a month. This is unrealistic but I want to have something like this before I die. You're the closest thing to it and I know that sounds bad. But I can also relate to you-" Carl just kept on rambling on and on but it was cute. His eye held so much emotions.

I pondered the thought for a moment and came to the best conclusion. "I would not like to be with you Carl." I paused for the slightest moment, "I would love to be with you."

Yes I took what he said into consideration pretty quickly, that I'm basically just something for now and not for a while. But there isn't a lot of chances like this during these days.

Carl's eye went from rejection to what I think is happiness. He put both arms around my waist as held on tightly. Carl placed his head in the crook of my neck and said, "You scared me. I thought you said no."

"Of course I'd say yes. I just always wanted to say the answer like that." I smiled against him. At that moment, the growls faded into nothing. All I could hear was my heart rate increasing and Carl's as well.

I wrapped my arms around Carl's neck as he secured his hands on my waist. Carl and I stood there in each others grasp as we let the herd of the undead pass by us. About an half a hour later, the herd was almost out of eye sight.

"(Y/n), I think we can go now. Just be quiet." Carl said as he let go and bent down to grab his hat. He placed his sheriffs hat on his head and went outside of the hollow tree.

Carl put his hand on his gun as he looked around the area. "You can come out now, just be real quiet."

I walked out of the tree, picked up my backpack and secured it on my shoulders. I looked West to see the dead ones gone and looked North to see a few stragglers.

"Are we gonna go back to Alexandria now?" I asked as I looked at Carl.

He smiled and then replied. "Nope. We'll probably be okay if we just stay out the directions the walkers went. I have a place not too far from here anyways."

"Okay but if I see another herd, I'm leaving back to where I think Alexandria would be." I heard a small chuckle as I said that.

Carl started to walk to his left and motioned for me to come with. I walked up to him and grabbed his hand. I looked up to Carl and saw a slight smile.

'This boy sure likes to give small everything. But it's nice to at least get a small smile. That's asking a lot these days.' We continued to walk, hand in hand, quietly. Carl and I walked for around 10 minutes until we reached a fallen log and a tipped over locker space.