Chapter 7

Alessa

Corina, Jae, and Liza left, claiming they had somewhere important to be.

"So, where are we going?" Cesare questioned, an excited smile on his face.
"A local favorite. It's called Wolf Diner. You guys'll love it." Carter grinned.

We arrived at a cozy looking diner and made our way inside. I carefully observed our surroundings as we walked in. Two emergency exits, each on the east and west side of the diner. Nearest exit approximately 30 paces from the entrance. Once we walked in, the people inside immediately stopped talking and bowed their heads in respect.

What the hell? I narrowed my eyes and inched my hands closer towards my leather jacket while at the same time making eye contact with Lorenzo and Cesare. But before we could act, Carter quickly exclaimed, "A lovely day, isn't it?" We brought some friends over today. They're new to town." Carter emphasized.

I let my hand fall from my jacket and indicated for Lorenzo and Cesare to do the same. I remained alert, but plastered on a fake smile.
"Ciao, we are exchange students from Italy. Today is our first day in America. These are my friends Luca and Cosimo."

"Well, I am pleased to meet you, my dears. I'm Melissa, but you can just call me Mel." A friendly, aged woman let out a crinkled smile. "How rude of me to leave you all standing there! Come, sit here in this booth." She motioned to the seat in the far corner.

"Please sit, Al-" she started as she gestured towards Simon, but a quick glare from him, almost too quick for me to catch, cut her off. We quickly filed in to the booth. Once we got ourselves situated, I casually asked, "Is your middle name Al, Simon?"
However, before Simon could answer, Carter burst in. "It's a nickname, just a nickname. But Simon hates it, ya know?" He chucked as he scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

I forced a pleasant and casual smile on to my face. "Is that so?" I shot a meaningful glance to Lorenzo and nearly rolled my eyes when I saw Cesare basically salivating at the food from a nearby table.

"Can we eat, now?" He whined. "I'm going to die from starvation!" Everyone chuckled and the tension dissipated.
.
.
.
"Dio, I'm stuffed." Cesare groaned.
"Same here," Carter burped.

Simon shook his head ruefully. "You guys could be brothers." He then turned towards me and smirked. "How was your first day?"
"It was good," I replied curtly, turning my head away from him. "Really? That's cool", he grinned, the smile reaching his eyes.

I quickly strode away from him. His blue eyes were just too damn distracting.
.
.
.
"Do research on Carter Rivera and Simon King. See what comes up." I ordered, plopping down on the couch.

"I'm on it." Cesare groaned. His fingers flew across the keys and in two minutes, he had all the information possible pulled from multiple databases on his screen.

"Okay," Cesare said, rubbing his hands together. "Here's what pops up. Carter Luis Rivera, 18 years old, 6'2, brown hair, hazel eyes, no sibl-"

"The relevant information, please." I sighed.

"Right." He cleared his throat. "There's an address... according to the maps it looks like he lives in the forest." Cesare's brows furrowed. "That's some creepy shit."

"And according to these satellite pictures, it looks like he lives in like some closed off community. Like some remote town, in a way."

"And Simon King?" I inquired.

"Okay, according to my information here, they live together. Or in the same community anyway."

My brows furrowed. "Do research on all of King's and Rivera's friends. Don't miss a single thing." I ran my hands frustratedly through my hair and growled. What could these people possibly be hiding?

"Well, shit." Cesare cursed.

"What is it?" I demanded.

"If my information here is correct, all of Simon King's friends live together, within the same community." He said, scratching his head in confusion. "I did a check on the entire school, you know, just in case, and nearly half the school lives in the same area." Cesare said, furrowing his eyebrows.

I shook my head in confusion. One or two friends could be a coincidence, but half the entire school? Something was up, and I was going to get to the bottom of it.
.
.
.
"Do you have the trackers ready, Cesare?" I asked, as I twirled a knife around me fingers.

"Sì. Here." He handed them too us.

"Stick the tracker on to Simon and his friends. We'll use it to track their whereabouts." I ordered as they nodded in response.

The school day, for the most part, was uneventful. Corina was bitchy as always, sticking to Simon like a leech, eating his face off at literally every corner of the school while Simon continued to be his normal, infuriating self. Carter was his usual cheery self while Jae would throw occasional half smiles at some of Carter's antics.

"Hey, what's up?" Cesare grinned. As he clapped the shoulder of Carter, he discreetly placed the tracker onto his backpack. "How have you been doing?"

From the corner of my eye, I see Lorenzo DO the same to Jae. When I see Corina approaching, her loud and obnoxious heels clicking on the floor, I quickly bend down, pretending to tie my shoe lace. As she passes, I quickly place the tracker on the back of her heel, smirking in triumph when I see it blinking back at me as she walks away.

I approach Simon, pretending to trip as I quickly grab on to his arm, sticking the tracker underneath his arm on the sleeve before he can realize what's going on. I give him an apologetic smile which is returned with an odd look from him, unused to seeing this reaction from me.

I push him away before straightening up, dusting my clothes off as I walk away. Lorenzo, Cesare, and I give each other discreet nods when everything is done.

The rest of the day passed quickly, and we were soon back at the home base.

"Ready?" Cesare asked, cracking his knuckles. "Let's see where they are."

Thanks for reading!