Chapter 5

Alessa

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of my obnoxious alarm clock and Cesare's screams from the next room.
"Cesare, shut up!" Lorenzo yelled.
"Vaffanculo, Lorenzo!" Cesare yelled back.
I groaned. What an amazing way to start the day.

Today was the first day of this American high school Padre was forcing me to attend. I looked over at the clock. I let out a string of curses. "It's six-fucking-thirty in the morning." I grumbled to myself.

I took a quick shower and blow-dryed my long dark hair. I changed into a loose dark grey dress that reached mid-thigh and threw on a leather jacket. I strapped in two of my trusty 9mm handguns into my leather jacket, making sure they were secure .I slipped on a comfortable pair of black sneakers to finish off. After applying light makeup to my face, I grabbed a pair of sunglasses and a bag and left the room.

After marching down the stairs, I see Lorenzo and Cesare in the kitchen eating breakfast with the rest of the men.

"Oh fuck no." I pointed to Lorenzo and Cesare. "Both of you need to change. Adesso."

"What?" Cesare asked, looking down at his clothes with his eyebrows furrowed.

"There's no way in hell that we're matching clothes," I said crossing my arms.

"Why? I think it's cute." Cesare pouted.

"That's it," I said throwing my hands up in the air. "I'm changing," I turned around to head back upstairs but Lorenzo's exasperated voice stopped me.

"Don, with all due respect, we are 3 minutes and 27 seconds behind schedule. According to my research of Springbrook high school, we must arrive 30 minutes before the first class begins. It is currently 7:00 and and school begins in exactly 31 minutes and 13 seconds. So if you would please-"

I snorted, "we get it Lorenzo, we're late." I sighed. "Fine. Let's go."

Before leaving, I made sure to double check with the team on their assignments.
"Make sure all posts are guarded at all times. I want an around-the-clock patrol of every inch of this property. We do not want to be caught off guard." After a brief pause, I called out, "is that clear?"

"Sì, don." They nodded.
"
Grazie. You are dismissed." I turned around to Cesare and Lorenzo. "Okay, now let's go."

As we're walking outside, I called out, "you have everything, yes?"
Lorenzo patted inside his leather jacket, "I never go without them."
"Good." I slipped into my gleaming black Ferrari while Cesare and Lorenzo slipped into their respective cars.
"I'll meet you there!" I called out and quickly slid out the driveway.
.
.
.
We arrived at Springbrook at around the same time. As soon as I got out from the car, I could hear the whispers of other students and the obnoxious giggling of some of the girls. I beckoned the pair over to where I was standing in front of my car.

"Remember, we do not speak of anything Family related while we are here. We must do everything to blend in. Cesare, from here on out, you are Cosimo. Lorenzo, you are Luca, and I am Arabella. Keep an eye out for potential Camorra or any of their allies, and do not get distracted," I hissed as I saw Cesare eyeing some of the girls that passed.
"But, don-" Cesare started.
"And do not call me don!" I elbowed Cesare.

I looked up and surveyed the high school as we began to walk towards the front entrance. I noticed that everyone was huddled into groups, with the largest group by far taking the center of the quad. Jocks and cheerleaders, I concluded as I saw their clothes. The jocks, wearing their letterman jackets and the cheerleaders wearing ridiculously short outfits.

I ignored the catcalls coming from the jocks as well as the harsh whispers from the cheerleaders. I already saw many of the girls eyeing Cesare and trying in vain to get the attention of Lorenzo, who maintained an expressionless face that was impossible to read behind his dark sunglasses.

As we entered the office, a plump woman with a friendly face greeted us with a smile.
"Oh, you must be the Italian exchange students. Welcome to Springbrook high school!"
"Thank you. We are very happy to be here." I replied with a forced smile in my slightly accented English.
"Well, aren't you sweet? Let me get your schedules for you guys. I'll be right back."

As soon as her back was turned, Cesare burst out laughing.
"Dio, I thought my sides would split from laughing. 'We are very happy to be here.' He mimicked in a falsetto voice. "If the men saw you now, what would they say?" He guffawed.
"Chiudi la bocca, before I shove my knife down your throat," I raised my eyebrows.
Cesare raised his hands up in surrender, but had an infuriating smirk stuck on his face.

But before I could act, the woman came back with our schedules.
"There you are. I hope you enjoy your time at Springbrook!"
"Grazie, Signora...Davis." I finished as I glanced at her name tag.
"It's no problem. Hurry along, you'll be late for your first class." She shooed us away.

We compared schedules. I frowned. We only had periods 3 through 6 together.
"I thought I told that idiot to make sure all our schedules were the same?" I hissed.
"He made a mistake, I presume." Lorenzo shrugged.
"I'll deal with him later," I rolled my eyes. "See you guys."
.
.
.
After constant searching, I finally found me first class. As I walked in, i pushed my sunglasses up in my head.
"Signore Vasquez? Buongiorno, I am the new Italian exchange student. According to my schedule, this is my first period."

All movement stopped in the classroom and I felt the eyes of all the students boring into me.
"Ah, yes!" He exclaimed. "Class, this is our new Italian exchange student. Would you like to introduce yourself?" He asked.
"Sì. Ciao, my name is Arabella Romano. Pleased to meet you all." I greeted.
"You may take a seat next to that boy in the letterman over in the corner."

I saw someone clad in a letterman jacket wave his hand in greeting. As soon as I sat down on my desk, I was encountered by the bluest pair of eyes I had ever seen.

"Hi, beautiful. My name's Simon King, nice to meet you."

Simon's first appearance!! Super excited for the upcoming chapters(: