Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Talia’s POV

It’s been two weeks since Sammy died. Ross hasn’t talked about him much but I have a feeling that he is feeling guilty. I was sitting in my bedroom looking out my window. I saw Ross, Rocky, Riker, Ryland and Ellington playing basketball in their driveway. I smiled.

May left yesterday so it’s just me and my dog again. I looked behind me and my dog was sitting there staring at me with his big eyes. I smiled grabbed his leash and walked down stairs.  I put it on him and opened the door. I looked over towards the boys. Ellington was running with the ball and Riker and Rocky tackled him. I laughed and saw Ross staring at me. I turned the other way than them and started walking. Buddy walked slowly next to me considering he was 11. We walked around the block and back to my house. I was about to walk inside when all the boys ran over and started petting Buddy. Ross came and stood next to me.

Riker and Rocky took the leash from me. They took it off Buddy knowing he wouldn’t go far I let them. They started playing with him. Ryland and Ellington as well played with Buddy. Ross stood there next to me not saying a word. He had his hands in his pockets. He started humming a Here comes forever and I started giggling. He took his right hand out of his pocket and grabbed my left hand. out fingers intertwined. I started laughing and so did he.

“Nope still weird.” I said laughing.

“Definitely.” Ross said. Ross likes to grab my hand even though we can’t be together yet. It was always weird. He keeps doing it to see if it stops getting weird but so far nothing.

Riker, Rocky, Ryland and Ellington laid in the grass on my yard. Ross let go of my hand and went to lay next to them. After Ross laid down Buddy went and laid next to him and cuddled up next to him. I giggled and went to lay next to Buddy. I laid down and closed my eyes. I felt a hand grab mine and knew it was Ross. I let him hold my hand knowing it was still weird. Suddenly i felt someone start tickling me. I immediately opened my eyes and saw Ellington laughing.

“Ellington!!” I said laughing. He picked me up and acted like he was gonna drop me. I started screaming and he through me into Rikers arms. Riker through me to Ryland. Ryland through me to Rocky and Rocky through me back to Ellington. Ellington Put me down and I started running after him. He ran into the Lynch’s house and ran right into Rydel. I started dying laughing. He was laying there rubbing the top of his head. Rydel was doing the same.

“What the heck.” Rydel said.

“Talia was chasing me.” Ellington said.

“Why?”

“He picked me up and was throwing me at people.” I said still laughing.

“Why?” Rydel asked.

“Because I thought it would be funny and it was.” Ellington said laughing. Rydel and I both hit him. “Aww..” Ellington said walking back outside.

“I’ll see ya Rydel.” I said walking away.

“Bye Talia.”

I walked outside and saw Ross talking to a girl who looked about 18. It was the first time that I have ever been jealous of Ross talking to another girl since we started dating then stopped. I walked over with Ellington and Ross was still talking. I walked over to talk with the other guys. Suddenly I realized Buddy was gone.

“Riker. Where’s Buddy?” I asked frantically.

“He was right….. there…” Riker said his eyes getting very big.

“Dang it Riker!” I said I started running around yelling for him. Ross walked over to me. And started calling his name as well.

2 hours passed and we still couldn’t find him. Ross turned to me.

“It’s getting late. We can go look for him tomorrow.” I started crying as he said that.

“He has to be around here Ross he has too.” I said hitting his chest a couple times. He pulled me into a hug. I started crying really hard. He was stroking my hair and humming Here comes forever again.

“I promise we will find him tomorrow.” Ross said looking into my eyes. I kissed him and he pulled away quickly.

“What the heck.” He said.

“Sorry.” I got out of his grip and walked away wiping away the tears. I called Rydel and asked her to come pick me up. A couple minutes later Rydel shows up.

“Why didn’t you go home with the boys?” Rydel asked as I get in the car.

“I didn’t want to.” I said and closed the door. She started driving away.

“Sorry you didn’t find Buddy.” She patted my leg.

“I will find him. I don’t know when. But I will.”

“I know. I’ll go with you tomorrow.”

“Thanks Delly.”

“Now that we got that out of the way.. Why didn’t you go with the boys? I want the truth.”

“I kissed Ross.”

“So you wouldn’t go with them?”

“I don’t think Ross wanted me to kiss him.”

“Oh. I see.”

“You know Today I saw him talking to this girl… And for the first time after this whole thing started I was jealous. Why the heck was I jealous?”

“I’ll tell you a secret. Before I started dating Ellington… He was with Kelly. then he broke up with her. Then he was talking to a bunch of girls and I was really jealous. But I told myself that if he loves me back…. then those girls won’t matter.”

“Thanks Rydel.”

“No problem.” We kept driving and we finally got back home. She parked her car. We got out.

“Call me when you're ready to go look for Buddy.” Rydel said.

“I will.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

I started walking home. I walked up to my door. I walked inside and closed the door. I slide down the door and started crying.

A/N WHAT WAS TALIA THINKING!!!! Comment and Vote!!!