“You have been out for two days since you were returned. I returned as soon as I got word from Fandral and Volstagg what had transpired with the riot and to whom the guilt fell upon.”

His lips pulled tight at the mention of the word “guilt”. She could have sworn his eyes slid over to Loki’s cell. She dare not peak a glance at the mischievous God for fear out of seeing those horrible red eyes again.

“Thank you Theoric... I do not know where I would be without you.” Her gaze constant on the man who had tended to her wounds.

“Dead, which is what you deserve for your stupidity.”

Loki, who had been silently reading in his chair against the back of his cell, spoke up at last. Theoric balled his fist up that was not holding the rag to her forehead but her silent plea in her eyes stopped him from taking any physical action. She could not bare the thought of Theoric leaving her now, even if she could barely see him as her eyes were still struggling to adjust. 

 “She is far braver than you trickster. She took the fall for you, even if you do not wish to admit it. You owe her your life.” His lips pursed together and did not desire to say another word. Sigyn heard Loki scoff and assumed he returned to his book. 

“How are you fairing now?” Theoric said softly so her ears could only hear.

 “Better, my head is still throbbing but it’s better than my dreams.”

The warrior continued to dab her forehead and began to clean the bandages on her cheek and her forehead.

 “That will pass,” He said nodding to her throbbing pain. “It is what happens when the attempt to extract information and they are unsuccessful. It should pass in a day or so. Sometimes nightmares are a lingering affect of the toxins.”

After he finished she watched as his hand lingered over her hair that had dropped into her face before he pushed it back behind her ear.

 “You are already starting to have some color return to your cheeks, you will be looking like yourself soon I am sure.” He gave her a reassuring hand squeeze and stood, taking the bowl of water, towel and bandages with him.

“Thank you, for caring for me.” Her voice was soft, watching him go. Part of her believed if it were not the sheer terror of disobeying his orders, he would have let her walk out that door.

 “It was of no burden Lady Sigyn. I’ll return during supper to replace your bandages.”

And again, she was alone. Tears welled as she could feel the stinging again from her bandages. These made the cuts on her face sting even more with the salt water falling down her cheeks that only made her cry even more. 

Her body ached when she tried to lie back down on the blankets, but she wanted to sleep. Her breathing was unsteady; no doubt the water she had taken in was still present in her lungs. A terrible cough confirmed that her lungs were burning from the stress they had been put on lately. Bruises lined her body and she could feel them with every movement.

Her beautiful dress was torn and sliding off her slender body. Not eating for a couple of days had made her even thinner than she was already. A rumble in Sigyn’s belly made her long for some hot soup or something warm to eat. Shivering, there were parts of her dress that were still soaked, most likely from having to lie on the sopping mess for two days had not allowed it to dry.

 Lying down seriously wasn’t helping with her body, her sides hurt every time she took a breath and her headache seemed to increase when she put it to one side. After several minutes of struggling, she sat herself up against the back wall of her cell and pulled one of the blankets she had been siting on up to her neck, trying to fall asleep. Looking across the way, she saw a figure looking upon her but it faded into black as sleep overcame her.