A Simple Melody ♫ Chapter Twenty-Four - Misunderstood

Start from the beginning

          Train and I continued talking for a while before being cut off by the screeching sound of the feedback released from the microphone, blasting into the building and into our ears. A number of people winced and immediately rubbed their ears, me being one of them too. When the muttering stopped I averted my attention towards the stage, only to see someone who I am not prepared to see...at least, not yet.

          "Attention, attention, all students of Dream Arts." Gigi's whiny noise echoed into the hall and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I could tell that Train wasn't too amused by it all, too.

          There was an extended pause of silence as the crowd eyes her oddly, well, I know I'm giving her a look. I don't know if she's trying to get a dramatic pause or what, but this is really getting annoying, and pointless, if you ask me.

          "First I would like to thank Mr Crane for allowing me five minutes on stage, since my mom is a celebrity, after all." She shrilled. How can there be a creature that vain? "Well, as you all know that two weeks ago I, Gigi Price, daughter of famous Singer and Songwriter Geraldine Price was brutally kicked out from a band..."

          My jaw fell loose. Train didn't say anything or gave a major response, but his eyes widened and we both knew this wasn't going to be pretty.

          "...and I was falsely accused of wanting to go solo. So, just to clear things out I am not going solo, and I would very much appreciate it if there is anyone out there, anyone at all, who would be so kind to accept me into your band. I wouldn't mind being the backing vocals too, since all I care about is being in a band and not the spotlight..."

          I felt my blood boiling. She is such a liar.

          "...if there's any kind-hearted person out there who will so willingly accept me, please let me know." She swallowed, putting up all the fake emotions. "And since I wouldn't want to pass out the opportunity, I would like to publicly wish my former band good luck and hope that their new vocalist Destiny Lockheart will advance my standards." She applauded and soon, for some unknown and better-to-be-left-unknown reasons, the crowd followed.

          A big fat liar.

          I was stunned when a bright light shone pass the crowd and landed onto me. I was soon under the spotlight and people were turning their heads, standing or dodging just to see my face. A few people began whispering to one another, some even gave me a look of detest as if I was some kind of criminal.

          My face turned a bright red as I gulped and silently sank into my seat. Gigi finished up her final lies before she left the stage, passing the microphone to Mr Crane for the assembly to officially start.

          People know me now. People think that I'm the one responsible for Gigi's case out of the band, people think that I'm the bad guy. People actually believe all that falsification. Suddenly I felt sick inside, as if someone had spilled toxic into me. Now I'm popular for the wrong reasons.

          I watched, paralyzed as a few number of people rushed towards Gigi with musical instruments, anxiously reaching out for her, welcoming her into the band as she continues with her humble act.

          "Des..."

          I was lost for words. In my mind I knew a few people were calling out my name, trying to get my attention, trying to make me alive, but I was deaf, blind, and muted.

          It was as if all life was drained away from me, and I am nothing but a dry piece of useless, unwanted twig.

                                                *        *        *