Chapter 13: I'm okay

^See how Jungkook holds onto Taetae's hand? I'm not crying, you are

Unedited! Sorry for a slow update, but I still hope you've been looking forward to it~ please don't pay attention to my mistakes, I just wrote right through this chapter before publishing, and don't forget to vote & comment .xx 

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

"This isn't over," Jungkook muttered as he quickly turned around and was about flee the office, but Mr Nam had grabbed his arm to stop him.

"What was that?" he murmured with another glare.

"Nothing," Jungkook pressed out, "I said fine. I won't tell my boyfriend yet," he said as he laid pressure on 'boyfriend'.

Mr Nam still held onto his arm strongly; Jungkook was sure his skin would turn blue.

"Can you let go now? So I can work," he asked, not trying to hide how pissed he was when his boss was in his presence.

"You better start treating me with respect, Jeon Jungkook," he glared as he tightened the grip around his arm.

"I show respect only when the person has earned it," he said as he freed his arm and quickly disappeared and went back to his desk.

His heart was raising as he even had difficulties breathing. He had never ever disrespected someone older than him before. Not that Mr Nam deserved so, but it was scary. Every time he looked at Mr Nam, he was reminded of the past, especially now that he knew his true colours. He was too alike Mr Yoo, Jungkook's previous foster father, in everything he did. All from behaviour to actions, and it scared the younger male so much his legs went weak every time he was near him, or even just entering his thoughts. He didn't want to be this scared, but he couldn't help it. He was too afraid the past would repeat itself, and he was still helpless, and clueless on top of that about what to do.

"You okay Jungkook?" asked his colleague whom had seen his frustrated sigh. 

"I'm fine, thanks," he lied, trying to not look so upset as he continued his work. 

He didn't get any further questions at work, but the moment his boyfriend laid his eyes on him as he entered their shared home, he attacked him with a hug and kissed him quickly.

"What happened?" he asked worriedly, immediately noticing something had happened.

It made Jungkook break down in a cry again. He couldn't help it. He was too weak when it came to his boyfriend. All he wanted to do was to be cared for, and whenever he was with Taehyung, that wish of his was fulfilled.

He wanted to tell Taehyung so badly. He wanted to tell him everything, especially about Mr Nam, but he feared he was right. What if the moment Jungkook told him, it'd backfire him so badly he'd wish he never did - just because he wasn't strong enough to keep it to himself.

"I'm just being a wimp again. I'm so sensitive these days it's literally embarrassing," he faked laughed after he managed to stop crying, "I'm okay, really."

Taehyung still stared at him worriedly. "You don't look okay at all."

"Thanks hyung, but I am. Really. I'm just so incredibly stressed lately."

Taehyung hesitated, but he still didn't push it any further. He didn't want to pressure his boyfriend if he, for some reason, held back. Maybe the time just wasn't right. "Let's make dinner."

Jungkook nodded, and they both headed off to the kitchen to make it together, although it was mostly Taehyung that did everything.

Jungkook studied his boyfriend. He was surprisingly happy. Not too long ago he was broken, almost suicidal. Now he was suddenly happy. It made him question him a bit, and so he took the chance when they sat down to eat together. "You alright?" Jungkook asked him casually.

Taehyung glanced up at him with a frown. "It was you who just had a breakdown, not me," he said stupidly.

Jungkook giggled embarrassed. "Yeah, I know, but I'm not talking about earlier," he said, "I just mean generally."

"I'm good," he replied shortly, but Jungkook didn't give in that easily.

"Really? You've been so unstable you had to take a break from your job, you were drinking, taking pills. And literally just a few days ago you sat on the edge of a rooftop, talking about death. And now you're just suddenly all good?"

Taehyung glared up at him. "What do you want me to do, huh? Say I'm sad? Say I'm not okay? You want me to act like I'm just a broken human being? Cause I'm not, okay? I'm fine!" he yelled.

Jungkook whimpered at his boyfriend's sudden outburst. He was only worried for him. All he wanted was for him to be well and healthy, but he couldn't possibly know when all he did was to shut him out.

"I may not be the psychologist one, but I can clearly tell it's yourself you're trying to convince, and not me. I can see through your mask Taehyungie hyung, and don't you dare try and yell at me when all I do is worry about you, you jerk." He got up immediately, even though he hadn't finished his meal, and went straight to their bedroom. He slammed the door shut, this time he wished they had a lock on it so his boyfriend wouldn't be able to get in, if he even tried that is.

Jungkook didn't know what had gotten into him. He was acting so weird. So out of character. He was never like that. He was so sweet, caring, and the most grown up and mature person he had ever met. Not he was acting like a spoiled brat who was going through a rough puberty.

The black haired male sat on the bed with his face in his hands. He hated fighting with him, but what could he do? Go all soft for the elder when it was clearly he who was going over the line? He knew he'd come in and apologise to him sooner or later, but what that be enough?

He heard some soft knocking on the door, then it soon opened without permission. "Jungkookie?" the soft voice spoke. "Jungkook, I'm so sorry." He slowly approached the younger male and sat beside him, placing his hand on top of his lap. "I went out of line, I'm sorry."

"I don't get you hyung," Jungkook admitted, "you're all fine at one point, but then you get all weird. It's like you're too sensitive about everything that got something to do with you, and you can't even talk about it."

Taehyung didn't reply at first, just sighing silently. "I know," he finally said, "I was a jerk, I admit that. And you're right, I guess I'm not as okay as I thought I was."

Jungkook looked up at him for the first time since their fight. "Is something going on?" he asked. 

"It's just me," he muttered, "I struggle dealing with my emotions. My boss called me earlier today, asking how I was. I don't even try to lie to her, since she always can tell, so I told her how I was feeling, and she suggested me going to a therapist to let my feelings out in the right way. I told her I'd think about it," he told him, looking a bit tensed up, "that is what has been on my mind all day, so I got too sensitive and in a bad mood when you asked about me, and I turned into an asshole because of it."

"I'm glad you can tell that about yourself," Jungkook slightly giggled, "so, are you considering the offer? About the therapist?"

Taehyung stared at the floor as he replied. "It's so embarrassing though. I mean, I'm a psychologist, and now I need therapist myself? How embarrassing is that."

"We talked about it before, and it's nothing to be ashamed of. If it's better for you, then don't think about how 'embarrassing' it is, but how it'd help you."

Taehyung nodded slowly. "I guess I should at least try before I say no."

Jungkook smiled proudly as he kissed him on the cheek. "That's my good boyfriend," he grinned. "So, if you're done being an emotional teenager and won't throw another fit on me today, I'd like to get back to eating since I'm starving." He grabbed Taehyung's hand and dragged him with him back to their dinner table and resumed eating their dinner.