Chapter 7: First day at work

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

Taehyung made breakfast the next following day, and also the next, and when Monday was up, it was time for Jungkook's first day at work. He already gone to Jimin's place to have a chat, and he seemed super excited about start working. Taehyung understood his feelings; when you first start to work, you're nervous about how well you'd perform, but as you get used to it, it'd get exciting and you wouldn't even know how you lived before you started working.

Taehyung missed working. He missed going up to his office. He missed talking to his colleagues, his boss, and even the nutjobs patients, but at the same time was determined to help.

But he was happy for his boyfriend to start working. This was what he wanted, and Taehyung would support him fully, the best he could.

Jungkook was on his way to Lite Company on his first day. He knew he would be the new running boy everyone would take advantage of, but he didn't mind. He just needed to work, earn money, and impress the boss.

"There you are," the boss, Nam Seungjin, said as he saw Jungkook entered, "here's some paperwork for you. If you're confused about what to do, ask any of your colleagues here to help and tutor you." He left a pile of papers in Jungkook's arms and disappeared into his office, not even waiting to hear if Jungkook had questions or not. Great start, he thought sarcastically to himself, what the hell do I do with these?

As he was told, Jungkook sat down at his desk Mr Nam had pointed out earlier where he'd sit and do work if given, like now. He stared confused at the sheets, not understanding one word that was printed on him.

As it couldn't be more obvious, the male sitting beside him glanced in his direction, noticing he wasn't moving a muscle, and to the younger's rescue, he decided to help him out without him asking to and guided him through the sheets, both helping and tutoring him.

Jungkook thanked him as he was finally ready to try on his own, but his seatmate told him he could ask him anytime if he needed more help. The younger was surely glad he was beside him, and being as nice as he was.

It was finally turn for Jungkook's break to come as he had been working nonstop for four hours straight, and he was starving. He met up with Jimin in a different floor to have lunch together and chat.

As Jimin entered the small cafeteria the company had and sat down with Jungkook, he asked immediately how he was and how work had been so far.

"It's super hard," Jungkook sighed tiredly, but it wasn't a complaint. It was kind of fun, if you could believe it.

"That's working and adulthood," Jimin winked, "chatted with Mr Nam yet?"

Not since he gave me the paper sheets to work on. I'm almost done though. What do you reckon I do when I've finished?" he asked as he took a bite of his sandwich Taehyung had made for him before he left for work that morning.

Jimin thought for a bit. "If you haven't been given more work, then you should knock on Mr Nam's office and ask him if he has anymore work for you. If he doesn't, then you can go and ask other people if they need help, including all the floors," Jimin explained.

Jungkook thanked him, and they continued to eat to fill up their tummies.

When Jungkook went back to work, he managed to finish up his last work in less than thirty minutes, and when he did so, he brought the sheets pile in his arms and knocked gently on Mr Nam's office.

"Come in!" he shouted from inside, and so the younger did. "Have you finished?" he asked, Jungkook nodding in response, "took you long enough."

Jungkook frowned at him. "Excuse me?"