Chapter 2: I work at Lite Company

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

Jungkook was flying nonstop into companies and stores that searched for new employees. Some of them said no, some said they'd think about it, but most didn't say anything. The boy was getting tired of being rejected or ignored all the time, but he couldn't do anything about it; all he could do was to politely bow and disappear, then going somewhere else.

"Oh?" gasped a surprised voice behind Jungkook. "Jungkook?"

The said male turned around right away as he heard his name, and he spotted non other than Park Jimin. "Jimin hyung," Jungkook grinned as he recognised him and threw himself in for a hug towards the older, by shorter.

"Good to see you mate," he greeted, clapping him on the back in affection, "how's it going? Haven't seen you, nor Taehyung, in a few weeks now."

Jungkook wasn't sure if he was allowed to tell Jimin about Taehyung, especially about his work, so he decided to just focus on himself instead. "We're fine," he smiled, "I'm walking around, trying to get a job since I decided to stop going to the university."

Jimin didn't seem quite surprised and just smiled at him. "How's that going then? Getting any luck?" he asked seriously.

"Not really," he answered honestly, "most are ignoring me, whilst the rest are rejecting right away just because I don't have any experience working anywhere."

"Now that sucks," he replied sadly, "how about I talk to my boss?" he suggested.

"What work do you do hyung?" he asked.

"Taehyung never told you?"

Jungkook shook his head. "No."

"Well, I work at Lite Company. I'm the personal assistant for the boss. I think it's possible to get you inside and work as a assistant for the other workers there," he explained.

Jungkook knew he recognised the name, but he didn't know what the company was about exactly, but he'd do anything for a job, and that was exactly what Jimin was offering him. "It'd be amazing if you could do that," he grinned, attacking the older with yet another hug.

"No problem Jungkookie," he smiled, "I'll talk to him tomorrow." And with that, Jimin quickly disappeared inside the grocery store Jungkook just tried getting a job at, probably shopping for groceries for himself and Yoongi.

As Jungkook made it back to their home, the door was locked, which meant Taehyung was not home. The male locked himself in and entered, searching around to confirm whether he was alone or not, but he was. He picked up his phone - that Taehyung had gotten him about a few weeks ago to get his own phone - to text his boyfriend and ask for his whereabouts, but he didn't get a reply until some minutes later.

'Out' was all it said, but Jungkook judged it that Taehyung had his reasons to be out at the moment. It's not like he had to be at home either like it was a prison. But by the way he replied was what was bothering the young male.

It was even around dinner time, but Jungkook still hadn't heard anything from Taehyung. He tried sending another text, but he didn't get a respond.

Anxiously, he rubbed his hands together, staring at his phone on the table in front of him as he sat in the livingroom. Should I call him? He isn't answering me by text... Would he answer if I called?

After debating whether he'd call or not for the past five minutes, he finally picked up the phone and pressed Taehyung's number and called him.

"Hello?" answered the same familiar low voice.