Chapter 29

Chapter 29

(Ariana's Pov)

Oh my! That's interesting. I watched as Kehlani pulled up with Normani and Dinah in the car. No sign of Tori though. Now there was drama waiting to happen. Dinah had obviously stayed over so Normani must be cool with the situation between Dinah and Kehlani. There was a brief conversation before Dinah and Normani got out of the car and walked together towards me. I waved and they both waved back. Dinah turned to say something to Normani who nodded but they were too far away to hear what was said. Well, they seemed to be getting along fine. I wonder why Dinah had been in such a funk for the last couple of days?

"Hi," Dinah greeted me but without the normal smooch I was expecting. Oh, maybe something was still up in her world?

"Hey Ariana," Normani smiled and nodded then hefted her back pack as the three of us exchanged smiles, it was a cute habit she had when she was a bit uncomfortable,

"Um, can I talk to you later?" Dinah asked quietly, her head was down and she was digging her sneaker into the dirt. Very fuckable if I do say so. I noticed Normani shoot her a quizzical look.

"Sure Dinah, I'll meet you before lunch?" I wonder what was going on? I wasn't getting the vibe that she wanted a quick hook-up during school. Saying that, it looked like she had just spent the night with Kehlani, I bet she was all kinds of sated. Overnights with Dinah were a treat.

xxxx

(Normani's Pov)

I watched the two blondes interact and got the feeling something was off. Dinah seemed awkward and Ariana didn't quite know what to make of her friends behaviour. I thought back to yesterday and her concern for her friend. Maybe Dinah just didn't want to air their dirty laundry in public?

xxxx

(Ariana's pov)

"Okay, I'm going to head off to find Tori," Dinah gestured towards the school. "Thanks for lunch Normani," she smiled at the brunette.

"No problem," Normani muttered, not meeting her eyes. What was with that?

"You want to eat lunch with me today?" Dinah asked me but I checked with Normani before agreeing.

"If Normani doesn't mind?" I looked at my new friend.

"No. I'll be fine," she replied and I shook my head and laughed. Dinah was smiling too.

"No! With you too, dummy," I dug her with my elbow and a small, pleased smile appeared.

"Well, uh, if you don't mind?" We both laughed at her obvious pleasure at being included.

"Of course we don't mind," Dinah teased but stopped when she noticed Normani getting uncomfortable.

"Okay, anyway I gotta go. See you at lunch?" We both nodded as Dinah walked backwards towards the direction of her locker.

"Bye," I waved as she turned and jogged off, blonde ponytail bouncing behind her. I glanced at Normani and I could tell we were both having the same thought. "Nice ass," I voiced and she blushed. "Listen, apart from the gay guys everybody at Monroe wants a piece of that."

xxxx

(Normani's Pov)

"I bet they do," I agreed. If I admitted it, I was jealous of anyone else thinking the same thoughts as me. Pathetic Kordei, pull your self together bitch!

"Yeah, but she's pretty selective. You've gotta have 'something' for her to be interested." I wasn't quite sure what she meant by that. Before I could ask, Jilly joined our group and we headed off to classes.