Chapter 15

Chapter 15~

"Normani?"

"Yeah, she was at the party." I clarified.

I hoped Tori could shed some light on the mysterious stranger. Somehow it felt a bit odd asking Kehlani about it. Didn't feel right asking the girl you were sleeping with about a complete stranger you knew could rock your world. But if I had to, I would.

"Normani Kordei?" My friend asked, did she know her?

"I dunno." I shrugged. Hell, I hadn't even spoken to her. I tried to explain to Tori.

"There was a girl in Kehlani's room at the party."

"DJ you didn't?" She exclaimed. Oh, how I fucking wish! Kehlani and Normani. He-ven.

"Uh, no. She wanted to but Kehlani told her to fuck off." Tori's brows raised at this.

"Oh." was all she said. And....?

"Oh?" I asked.

"It's complicated," were her next words. That didn't sound good

"Tori. I need to know." I stated in a quiet voice.

"DJ?" She questioned my demand.

"Just tell me Tori," I said and couldn't keep the anger out of my voice. She frowned at me. Shit.

"I'm sorry," I apologised, hanging my head. "It's just..."

"What's wrong?" The suspense was killing me.

"Normani? Brown hair, body to die for?"

"Brown hair, body to die for. Little bit smaller than me?" Yep, sounded like her.

"Yeah, she had on this little
crop top and a skirt. Kehlani kissed her." I filled in the gaps for my friend who issued a snort at this information.

"That's Normani Kordei." Tori confirmed, still frowning.

"So who is she?" I was finally going to find out about the star of my fantasises.

"Bad news." Tori's tone was dead. Fuck.

"Seriously Dinah, stay away from her. She'll fuck you up." I felt my heart break at the news. I could have cried right there. Tori was studying me intently. Grey eyes filled with concern. "DJ?" She asked softly. Fuck, I had started crying. I couldn't help it I felt lost. "Did she hurt you? I know she's fucked but if she laid a finger on you I'll..." she paused and looked at me again then scooted over and closed the gap between us. Putting her arm around me she hugged me for a minute before asking in the softest voice.

"DJ...she didn't,...she didn't force you did she?" At this I burst into floods of tears. Not for the reason Tori assumed. Fuck! Trust me to fall for a girl that my friend thought could resort to rape. "Ssssshhhh, it's OK," she wrapped both arms around me and held me close to her vanilla scented body. I thought I'd better enlighten my loving friend before she went and lynched Normani. I pulled myself free of her warm embrace. I won't deny I had enjoyed being held close to the strong, toned, firm yet soft body of my best friend. Note to self: cry more often.

Shit! Sorry. Back to the serious business at hand.

"No! Tori, no it wasn't...She didn't..." I couldn't make myself say the words I was so disappointed. I felt empty.

"What the fuck is going on DJ?" I'd confused the hell out of my good natured friend.

I sat up and wiped my eyes on the hem of my tee. I was silent for a few minutes as I gathered my thoughts. I felt a fool admitting my deep feelings for a complete stranger. I sighed. I owed it to her for her concern, she was the best friend I'd ever had.