Chapter 12: Star

A/N: Sorry for the shortness!

Chapter 12 Star

"Did you find him?" I demanded to know as Tom and a dozen guards appeared through a portal.

Tom wearily shook his head as he loosened his tie. "No. Hekapoo can usually track down dimensional scissors whereabouts, seeing as she's the creator, but she feels nothing on Marco. He clearly didn't think of a specific dimension when he went through. It's like he disappeared."

"Or he died!" I cried out. "What if he died?!"

Tom went over to me, placing both hands on either side of my face he said, "Calm down. All this tension isn't good for your baby." He smiled, "Breathe. We'll find him." His smile seemed a bit forced but I appreciated the effort.

When he found out about me sleeping with Marco, he was bat shit furious. Not at me, well yeah also at me, but more at Marco. According to Tom, Marco had taken advantage of me.

But I had taken responsibility and acknowledged that it was partly my fault too. I have to admit, seeing Marco back in his older body had excited me. Sure, he was leaner and slightly less muscular. But God he was hot. And while I loved Tom, I was still very much in love with Marco.

And then came the Blood Moon Ball and the fact that an engagement on Mewni was binding and barely avoidable. It seemed that every time Tom and I announced our engagement or were about to get married, we were interrupted. So I was beginning to think we weren't going to happen. Starco would be the outcome...apparently.

Or might not be if Marco never came back. And if he never came back, I was going to fucking kill him. How? I had no idea, I was still trying to figure it out.

"How was today?" Tom asked as he walked me to the sitting room. "Did the King of Caldor return?"

Two years ago, Prince Justin had recently become King Justin after his father was assassinated by a monster. My mom had sent troops to help stop the rebellion happening in their kingdom, after all they did help us. After becoming queen, King Justin had approached me with another marriage offer. Hearing that Marco had returned and that I was pregnant, he wanted to reinstate the old agreement.

It was a bit embarrassing explaining that Marco had left. Even after explaining why Marco had left, King Justin still wanted a marriage.

"Yes," I tiredly said. "He even brought both of his twins."

King Justin and Queen Marigold thought they were having just one son, but they ended up with two twin baby boys. Wayne was the oldest and Ryder was the youngest by only an hour. They had just turned six the week before. They were cute little boys, black hair and green eyes.

Tom scowled, "I should just tell him to leave you alone about this."

"No," I objected. "I don't have time for that right now. There's a group that wants me off the throne for not marrying as soon as I was crowned queen and I need your help on that. It's one bloody battle after another." Thought I technically had another six months to marry, there was a group called Get Star Butterfly Off The Throne Organization. I should just have them beheaded and done with. But then I would be seen as a ruler who got rid of anyone who opposed her.

"As you wish," he smiled.

I grinned tiredly, " I do wish...thanks for being my friend, Tom."

A sad smile spread across his face. "Of course."

"Queen Star," a guard said. "Miss Janna is here." The guard was shoved aside by Janna. She had a giant grin for Tom and me. I also noticed how her eyes stayed on Tom for a second too long. Perfect.

"Yes," I squealed. Tom and Janna stared at me weirdly. I cleared my throat, "I mean yes, let her in."

"Uh, Star?" Janna asked worriedly. "I'm already in."

"I know that," I chuckled. "I won't be able to have the luncheon today. Why don't you and Tom go ahead and go?" I raised an eyebrow and it caused her to blush. Tom looked away to check his phone.

I pulled Janna away from him. "Dude, I know you like him."

Janna's face lost all its color. "You do."

"Relax. I just want you to make Tom fall in love with you."

"But why?"

"Because I want him to move on," I answered as I peeked at him. "I still love Marco. I won't give up on finding him."

She pulled me into a hug, "Thank you. Now how do I make him fall in love with me?"

I giggled as I let go of her. "I'm not sure. You'll figure it out."

I was awakened in the middle of the night the same day with pounding on the door. After making sure it wasn't an assassin, the guard opened the door to let me greet the unwelcome person. It was Tom.

"I found him."

Tom looked exhausted and tired. His clothes were all messed up and the edges of his pants were burned. His hair was all tangled. He was covered in scratches and bruises.

"You found who?" I sleepily asked. "Hey!"

He tugged a long jacket on me and pulled me out the door. I protested. The guards blocked his way and raised their swords but stopped as I lifted a hand. I let him pull me along and he opened a portal.

Word of advice, don't jump or get tugged through a portal when you're six months pregnant. You might fall. And scream like a little baby.

"Where are we?" I questioned Tom angrily as I looked around at my surroundings. It was no dimension I had ever seen before. It was a swamp, water and mud everywhere. The air steamed and the mosquitoes were merciless.

"The Swamp dimension. It's forbidden, everything here is poisonous if you aren't careful." Tom shrugged as he pulled me from a pond.

I felt the biggest frown I had ever given anyone come onto my face. "Why the fuck would you bring me here then!"

"Because Marco is here."