I'm Sorry

Santos's POV
        When I walk onto the apartment, I'm welcomed by the sound of crying. I set my phone on the counter and walk into the room. The bathroom door is open and Illi is sitting on the floor sobbing. I drop down next to her and take her into my arms.
    "I'm sorry," she cries. I look around and see three pregnancy tests next to her. Taking one in my hand, I look down at it. Positive. All of them are positive. I set it down and tighten my grip around her, remembering what I said that night to her about having kids.
     She stands up and walks into the room, wiping the running mascara off the bottom of her eyes. "Your pregnant," I say in shock. She sits down on the edge of the bed and looks up at me.
     "Are you mad?" She asks. I stay quiet for too long. "I'm sorry. This wasn't supposed to happen. The birth control shot is supposed to last and I'm not fie for another shot until next month. This shouldn't of happened."
     I look down at the floor and walk into the living room, thinking of how my dad was. That's the only reason I don't want kids. I don't want to be like him and I'm scared I will be.
     He beat me and was horrible to Leslie. I'm scared that the quote father like son will become true. I sit down on the couch and rub my hands through my hair. I still feel her crying in the room.
     I stand back up and go in there. She doesn't look at me as I sit next to her, resting my hand on her knee. "I'm shocked, but not mad. I'm kind of excited actually," I tell her. She looks at me with watery eyes.
    "Are you serious right now?" She says. I nod and kiss her deeply. She smiles and wipes her tears away. "I love you."
    "I love you too," I sat and place my hand on her stomach. "And I live you too."
    "There's really nothing in there yet," she says. I gently push her onto the bed. She smiles up at me. "I still feel like your upset about this and I'm sorry, but...you know that I would never be able to have an abo-"
      I shush her. "I don't want that either, this is our baby. We're going to amazing parents and I'm going to best damn father I can be for her or him. Or them."
    ×××××××××
      Its been three months and the pregnancy has been fine for the most part. The only hormones she gets are cravings and sex.
      "So, mom, has he contacted you?" I ask. She shakes her head as she sits down beside her boyfriend, Toby. He's a nice guy and all, but I'm extremely protective of her.
    "As much as I love having you guys here, I can't help but wonder the reason to this," she says. Toby and I lock eyes. A few weeks ago, I needed to talk to someone and he was there. Therefore, he knows about​ the pregnancy.
     "We have some good news," I tell her. Illi's fingers fidget. My mom looks at her with a small smile. They get along very well.
    "Um, I'm pregnant," she announces. I hold her hand in mine as my mom stands and covers mouth with her hand.
    "Are you serious?" She asks. She bends and hugs Illi. "Do you have a bump?" My mom asks with tears in her eyes. Illi stands and shows the very small, but visible bump.
   Toby stands as I do and man hugs me. "You're ready for this," he tells me. I look at him as I take a deep breath.
    "I pray to God I am."
    ××××××××
         Marcus glares at me after we tell her family she's pregnant. I follow him out of the house and to the porch. "What the fuck are you thinking?" He shouts at me.
     "I wasn't, but that doesn't mean anything in this situation. We thought we were protected, but obviously we weren't," I tell him. He walks over to the bench.  "There's no stopping this, there's no point of you being mad. You got my sister pregnant!"
    "Okay, but your sister isn't like mine. Your sister has a stronger body," he snaps. My brows draw together. "She's never told you has she?"
     "What are you talking about?" I ask. He sighs.
      "She may seem very healthy, but she isn't. She gets sick easily. She small. What do you think will end up happening to her?" I sit down, running my fingers through my hair, tugging too hard. "One time, I went to a doctors appointment with her cause she's was scared. There has been a tear and lots scarred tissue. This'll take a large troll on her."

AN: Sorry this is sucky, I'm sick and hurting. Comment and share!!! Stay alive |-/     -Veah