Bound To Happen

Santos's POV
     My head and chest hurts as I wake. The lights in the room are too bright for me to get used to. Looking down at myself, I see I'm in a hospital gown. I still feel sick, but with the added sure feeling now its worse.
     The door opens and people come in. "What the hell is wrong with you?" Marcus's voice says loudly. I wince at the sound.
     "He was going to shoot my sister," I say breathlessly. His parents and Venus stand in the corner. Illi stands behind Venus with a nervous look in her eyes. Venus yanks her so she's standing beside her. "I couldn't just let him shoot her."
     Its hard to keep my eyes open. I'll walks out to the window and opens the curtains, making me flinch and turns the lights off. The room is now dim, but bright enough.
    "Your mom and sister are talking to the police," her dad says. I look around nervously. "Don't worry, your being labeled under self-defense. It goes in your record, but they can't hold it on you." 
    Illi walks over and sits in the chair beside me. I no longer care that people are around; I take her hand and sighs. She squeezes my hand. Thankfully no one is looking at our hands.
     ×××××××××
        I hold her as close to me as possible without hurting myself. Her hands run down my bare back. I convinced the doctor to let me take the gown off and put swats off instead.
    We stare into each other's eyes, not saying anything. She leans in, fitting our lips together, getting that kiss she was trying for this morning. I cup the back of her head, deepening the kiss.
     "We-we shouldn't kiss. I don't want to get you sick," I tell her. She rolls her eyes and brings my lips back to hers. I grab her leg and throw it over mine. Oh how I wish we were alone to do whatever things I'm almost sure she's not ready for.
    "I wish we were alone," she says, reading my mind. I grin. I kiss her passionately making her moan. The sound of a gasp makes us pull apart.
    "What the-the-" Marcus stutters, not able to finish his sentence. Venus has a knowing smile on her face while her parents just looks shocked and slightly disappointed.
     "I'm sorry we never said anything," Illi says, standing. My side suddenly feels cold. "I was just scared of how you'd react." My eyes start to feel heavy again and my chest hurts, but I ignore it.
    "We're not disappointed, upset, but not disappointed," her dad says as her mom walks out of the room. Venus fallows them out while Marcus stays in place angrily.
    "My little sister, man. Really? Your just going to hurt her," he says. I look at Illi, knowing that what he says is probably true. I tend to hurt the people I get close to. I don't want to hurt her, but I also can't let her go no matter how selfish that sounds.
    "I'm not going hurt her. I'm in love with your sister," I tell him. Illi looks down at me with wide eyes. "And you've been sneaking around with mine. How's this any different?"
    "Cause I don't have a horrible track record and she's not a ex slut. You think she's easy because of her past? Maybe she is, have her. She's obviously very desperate," he snaps. My blood runs cold. He turns to her. "Go ahead and start selling your pussy again," he tells her before walking out.
     Illi sits down next to me with a blank expression on her face. I sit up the best I can. "Don't listen to him. You are not a hooker," I tell her. She looks me in the eyes.
    "That's what I used to be, doesn't that mean I am one?" She says, trying not to cry. I shake my head.
    "That was by force. You didn't know what was happening. You're so much better than your mother. Don't. Listen. To. Him. I love you." She nods, her eyes searching mine.
      "Can you hold me? Or me hold you. I kust -"
     "I know. Come here." She lays back down in my arms and we fall asleep.

AN: I feel like this chapter was very ehh. Please comment a side of him you want to see next! Share. Stay alive |-/       -Veah