Chapter Fifteen

Evangeline walked up to three people seated under a cherry blossom tree. The girl with a cold look glanced up, flashing a glance at Evangeline with her bright red eyes. Her once tensed features relaxed at the presence of a familiar person. Her lips curved into a smile and she tapped the shoulder of the old man twice, signaling to him that the awaited person has arrived. "Karakuri, stop spacing out!" The girl said, teasingly as she got to her feet. Her movements were as graceful as a butterfly. She sauntered over to where Evangeline stood. Karakuri rose with trembling legs and the girl rolled her eyes. "Oh come on, you can eliminate your disgusting disguise! This place is imbued with magic so there's no way they will find you."

At the sound of her words, Karakuri clicked his tongue and waved his frail and wrinkled hand, instantly transforming into a beautiful man. His long, black hair was tied up in a ponytail with long fringes tumbling over his face. "Your words are as sharp as ever, Miya." He grumbled, pushing his fringe back with an elegant swipe of a hand. "I still can't believe why Red Man entwined both our strings together. It's rather infuriating." Despite his words, he had a teasing expression on.

Evangeline smiled at the both of them. "You're still bickering with each other? Even though you'll be off marrying soon?" She said, giving them a loop-sided grin. Red Man chuckled quietly from where he sat. He earned his name from his appearance which was cloaked in red except for his hands which is constantly holding his crystal ball. The space where his face's supposed to be, was empty; filled only with darkness. It's unknown whether he had a face or not since no one dared approach him.

"Where are your other companions?" Red Man spoke in a quiet tone. It's really dangerously quiet which often gives people the creeps. Evangeline stared at him silently before turning to glance at the empty space beside her. "Berunitaa will be here shortly."

Slowly, as if there's a meeting for butterflies, thousands of them appeared. Glitter after glitter in one combine, gives life to butterflies after butterflies. Then they soon took on the same of Berunitaa. With a flick of her hand, the butterflies melted into the light. With an expressionless face, she stared directly at Red Man. A moment of silence passed between them, each waiting for the other to break it.

At last Red Man gave a soft sigh. "Berunitaa, I can sense your boredom."

Berunitaa narrowed her eyes slightly, still refusing to speak. Evangeline could sense her weariness for Red Man since not much about him is known. The only thing they know about him was how high he ranked in the demon hierarchy and that Karakuri and Miya were both his underlings. Evangeline spoke in her stead. "Red Man, would you like to witness something amusing?" Her eyes danced with delight when Miya narrowed her eyes before turning slightly to her master.

Red Man held up his hand and in an instant, the scenery changed. Everything zipped past them in a blur before coming to a halt. They were in the music room in the Akiyama mansion. "Do you mean this?"

"Ah, so you knew." Evangeline smirked, gazing at his with new profound respect for his knowledge. Miya laughed and crossed her metallic arms across her chest.

"What? Don't tell me you underestimated my master? He's the know-all. How could he missed out important details as such?" There was malice in her voice as she spoke. She always wore that scornful expression so it may seem like she's looking down on others most of the time.

"I foresaw your futures." Red Man spoke suddenly, breaking the moments of silence which befell them awhile ago. "Even if everything ends, all of you have one last role to play. As spectators, we can only watch from afar and yet, we've decided to meddle a little. Let me give you a little warning. Your job is to see everything until the end. All of you will still be bound to this world even after it has ended here. Remember, illusions are also connected to the real world and this one is. You will understand when the time comes."