Chapter Nine

(URSHU)

Why is this room empty? Why isn't anyone around? Why isn't the one I love around? I sat curled up on the floor. The room is dark and cold. Since the curtains were closed, no light entered the room but it's also partly because of the rain. However, this atmosphere suits me. I preferred the dark more than light.

"I left the door unlocked just for you. Why aren't you coming to see me?" Urshu muttered, looking forlorn. "Don't tell me that's the last time I'll see you! I won't accept this!" She shouted into the darkness. As expected, there's no reply. The silence made her feel even more lonely than before.

While I was absorbing in thinking about the past, I didn't notice a shadow looming closer towards me. I caught sight of a certain kind of darkness emerging in front of me and slowly glanced up. The shadow of a girl stared at my, with outstretched hands. I screamed and backed away.

"Who are you? Don't come near me!"

"Why do you fear me that much?" The shadow whispered. "Am I really that hideous?"

I stopped screaming and stared at the shadow closely. Somehow, she looks...familiar. Slowly, memories came flooding back to me when our eyes met. My gaze was fixed on the shadow's. Yes, that's right. Those eyes were the eyes I knew very well. After all, those were my eyes. The door opened slowly with a creaking sound.

"You don't have to deny it anymore." A voice whispered.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I caught sight of the figure at the door. I had just remembered...my past. I had been denying the truth all this while. SI had created an illusion of my life just because I didn't want to accept the painful truth. Yes, that's right! Everyday at school, people are always laughing, teasing. Then, at home, the nightmare begins. It's all a lie. That's what I thought all along. Denying the truth to give birth to an illusion. All was done just so I could be happy. But...I wasn't really happy, isn't it? After everything I've believed and confided in. I've always felt that the illusions I've created lacked something.

I've finally realized it. There's nowhere for me to run. Even though I didn't want to accept those painful memories, there's no other choice left for me. "Finally, you're here."

The door was shut and the figure I knew so well, came to kneel beside me. Her warmth still soothed me. It's like all of my pain and fears were wiped off. I immediately buried my face onto her chest. She patted me and pressed her lips onto my hair. We spoke and I've never felt much happier than to hear those words of hers. She explained and I listened. In the end, everything did turn out well. All of my doubts and worries were erased. It's as if they weren't there at all.

"It's about time you accept her. Isn't she a part of you?"

I glanced up and she smiled. It's the smile that she had always showed me whenever we met. I broke down in tears again. I can't seem to stop crying. The sadness that has welled up in my heart obtained the strength to break the barrier around it. I failed to utter the words that I've always wanted to say to her. Right now, I can only cry helplessly, releasing everything that has built up within my chest.

She reached out and wiped my tears with her soft and dainty fingers. "Don't cry, Urshu. Didn't I tell you that crying will only make you ugly?"

"I know but after all these years...I just can't help it!" I whispered, taking deep breaths to calm myself down. I was really happy I got to see her. "I thought you had forgotten about me. I thought you didn't want to see me again. I was sacred! I came back here and even spent the night here, hoping that you'll come and see me. Comfort me, like you did in the past!"