Chapter Eight

This world is created out of nothingness. It's neither cold nor hot. It's neither bright nor dark. Almost everything is gray except for the flowers and the gazebo. Those were the only colourful objects in this world. Not everyone is able to enter. It's a land filled with Nadeshikos and in the middle of it, there's a large gazebo. Surprisingly, there's no path leading to the gazebo so it's impossible for one to reach it without trampling on the Nadeshikos. It's as if no visitors are allowed here and of course the person dwelling in the gazebo is unable to leave this place without using magic. 聽The gazebo's white in colour and there were several stone benches and a table in it. On a stone bench, sat a beautiful girl. Even though she looked matured, she's still a young girl. Her white hair was done up beautifully. It's as if she had someone do it for her because it's flawless. Her dark red kimono was neat. There are no traces of creases. Her skin is fair and soft. Her figure is slender and slim.

A delicate antique teapot was held in her right hand while another was placed on the spout. On the table, there are three teacups and a plate of biscuits. She looks like she's preparing tea for her guests but there's no one here except her. So it must mean that her guests haven't arrive. There's no expression on her face as she slowly poured tea into each of the teacups. She made sure that the tea is 5 centimeters away from the rims of every teacups so that the tea wouldn't spill when someone knocked it lightly by accident.

From a second person's perspective, I'm sure he/she would say that the current scene is beautiful; suited to become a painting. It's the truth. If this painting was auctioned, it'll be bought at a really high price. For, this is a scene that one does not get to see often. Only the fated are able to locate this place.

When she's done pouring the tea, she set the teapot aside and took a sip of her tea. She's waiting patiently for her guests to arrive. She didn't show any impatience. She's just calmly sipping her tea, as if she didn't mind her guests being late.

"You must have waited for a long time already." A voice appeared out of nowhere. With her eyes closed, she smiled. The next time she opened her eyes, two women were seated in front of her. They were both hauntingly beautiful. It's a beauty that would make anyone feel chills running down their spine.

"Lady Berunitaa and Evangeline. Welcome to my sanctuary." She said, still sipping her tea. They were addressed as 'lady' because their position is higher and therefore deserves to be respected.

"We apologize for being late, Nadeshiko." Evangeline said, giving her a smile as an apology.

The dark-haired woman is Berunitaa. Her hair was styled in a small bun with some curls cascading over her shoulders. A pink ribbon weaved about in her bun. It must have been tied into a bun with that ribbon. She's wearing a black, frilly western gown and it looks almost the same as Evangeline's except that Evangeline's white in colour. The other woman with blonde hair is Evangeline. She didn't style her hair. She only let her curls fall behind and over her shoulders. Compared to Berunitaa, she has a much livelier look. There's an air about Lady Berunitaa which automatically make people afraid of her. However, Nadeshiko wasn't affected at all. Both women are about the same height because when they sat next to each to other, their heads are almost par with each other.

"So, why did you invite us here?" 聽Berunitaa went straight to the point. Her dark, pitless eyes were fixed on Nadeshiko's. Like Nadeshiko previously, she wore no expression.

"Ah, about that." Nadeshiko smiled and lifted her teacup elegantly. "Why don't we have a chat first before moving onto the main topic? Aren't these flowers lovely?" She gestured to her right with her left hand as it's the only available hand she has.

Both women turned towards the direction her hand pointed. Evangeline giggled in delight and nodded. "Ah, you're right! Nita, look at those flowers. There are really lovely." She turned to her companion with a rather energetic look but her companion ignored her and only gave a slight nod in return.