Chapter Thirteen

16 September

The weather is great today. There are no signs of rain in the sky. I crossed my fingers and was sure that today will turn out to be a great day. After all, I have my friends with me. I'm sure they will be glad of this weather.

Ah, looks like I haven't introduced them yet. How forgetful of me! Well, I call them Eva, and Eru. Both of them had dark pasts but they don't need to worry anymore because I'll always be there for them.

Sneaking out of the house is my specialty and something I've always done in the past. Being confined up there isn't fun.

The cherry blossom tree is in full bloom today. Flowers scattered about as the wind raged on. Truly a wonderful sight to behold. Gathering a few of these flowers, I made Eva and Eru sit while I styled their hair with them. Soft, silky strands of hair were entwined, forming a braid. In the process, I wound several flowers in them. This was my first time being so close with my friends. I'd never felt anything like this before. Was it happiness? Was it enthusiasm? Or was it both?

We sat watching the beautiful views, commenting on anything which caught our eyes. And so, that was how we spent our day.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

17 September

I couldn't escape from the dark and gloomy room. The rain was pouring today. Ever since yesterday, it had started raining and the thunderstorms were so great that we had to huddle together to soothe our fears.

In order to pass time, I picked up my needles and began to knit. They sat watching me and fixing the errors I've done. I wanted to make them presents for Christmas. Knowing my speed, making a scarf will easily take up two months. It'd be better for me to start now so that I'll be able to finish in time.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

19 September

More knitting today. Looks like I won't be out playing for the time being. I might not even write much.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

25 December

Finally, it's Christmas! I stayed up late last night to finish the last stitches for Eru's scarf. The snowflakes seems special this year. I can actually see patterns on them if I take a closer look. It'll not be Christmas if one has to celebrate on their own. The servants were kind enough to bring us a scrumptious feast.

Strange. They never spoke and the house was always silent. It's not bustling with life unlike other houses even though it's a special occasion. The feast was laid upon us. The three of us crowded around it, savouring the smells. We divided the food among us and poured the juice into wineglasses.

Since we weren't old enough to drink, we made this juice to be our 'wine'. The room lacks decorations but thanks to Eva and Eru, now it emits a Christmas aura. The coloured lights illuminated the small room, making it twice as bright as before.

I retrieved my presents from the bottom of my bed and gave them a parcel each. Their faces lit up as they accepted it delightfully.

It's really a wonderful Christmas! It's a day I'll never forget.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

26 and 27 December

We were still in our Christmas mood as we lazed around, playing with our toys. Eva brought some from her house and thus, we were able to play with wooden trains and tracks. Oh and of course, the toy soldiers which I got as a Christmas present from an unknown sender.