Chapter 26 part 2

As Treasure limps to her car, she pulls out a cellphone. She took one for the team, and they better answer and pay her double since she had to get her ass whooped to help. As she reaches her car and unlocked the door, the person on the other end answers

"Speak," They said
"It's done. I got my ass kicked, but it's done." Treasure said looking at her fucked up face in the mirror

"Good girl. You will be alright. Stop being a pussy." the person on the phone retorted

"Mystic, how could you say it like that. I hope you pay me more. I was supposed to make her mad, not get my face tore up." Treasure said, almost in tears because the person she works for didn't care

"BITCH I DON'T CARE! I'm going to pay you your damn money plus some, and FYI your fired bitch. If I see you, you're dead." Mystic said

Before she could reply, the phone call disconnected, and a guy knocked on the window; a man dropped a black duffle bag before getting in his car and walking off. Treasure slowly got out the vehicle checking her surroundings; before grabbing the bag and getting in the car driving off. She knows not to cross the wrong path with Mystic.

Treasure knew that she was accepted into N.Y.U, but she also knew she didn't have the money; until the faithful day of graduation, she was pulled aside and made an offer she couldn't refuse. Now that her mission is complete, she can go home and rest before packing and heading to New York City.

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

Nyra's dad sits home, waiting on his wife to arrive from work. He's been drinking all day, and he usually would just be mad because he still hasn't found a job, but today his fuel was not only the Hennessy straight but also from some anonymous lady approaching him at the liquor store.

He usually would just grab the liquor and go, but this lady kept following him, so he turned to ask her, "What her problem was?" She just laughed, while saying he thinks his wife is at work all the time, he needs to check and see who's a child he's been caring for all his life.

That struck a nerve because it was a time to split, but got back together because Nyra's mom found out she was pregnant. Even though Nyra's mom never cheated, his drunken/ sober state left an open door for the devil to play in an idle mind that we all know as the devil's playground.

As Nyra's mom stepped into the house, he stood and approached
Her

"So Nyra not mine? " he asked, his wife looked at him crazy for a short second.

After 17 1/2 years, where was he coming from with the nonsense?

"Of course shes yours. Where did you get that from," she replied.

He searched her eyes for a little and found none. They know each other better than themselves, and at that moment, he felt like shit because he had actually hurt his daughter and let some random stupid stranger, make him question his own daughter who looked exactly like him.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I need help " he cried while falling to his knees and his wife doing the same as she begins to pray and yell him they will get help for him in the morning. She had just prayed to God that morning for a change before she left. She decided she would once Nyra went to college but right in front of her eyes God was answering her prayers.

🏮🏮🏮🏮🏮🏮🏮🏮🏮🏮🏮🏮

As Layla was driving about to head home which was a 45 minute drive. She got hungry again. Realizing she didn't finish all her food. She forgot her to go plate on the table when they were kicked out after the fight. She saw a Burger King sign a few blocks away. She turned on her blinker and made a right into the drive thru. It was a semi long line because it's almost two in the morning and everyone must have been getting from the club, parties, and Dave and busters. She exhaled as she sat in line while scrolling through the timeline of her instagram page.