Tragic News

-Louis Tomlinson's POV-

Everything seemed to be fine. The kids were all getting along, everyone was healthy, and nobody had done anything wrong. It seemed perfect, a little too perfect. I didn't think too much about it though. I was just loving the peace.

"Hey, Louis." Harry called, his voice serious. "Can you come into the kitchen?"

"Sure, Harry." I replied.

I headed into the kitchen. Harry was leaning up against the counter, talking with someone on the phone. He looked up at me and smiled weakly. I knew that smile. That was his 'something's wrong' smile. My mouth went dry at the thought of what could be wrong.

"Harry, what's wrong?" I questioned.

He just shook his head and handed me the phone. I gulped then put it to my ear. My nerves were coursing through me at a rapid pace.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Louis Tomlinson? This is St Johns Hospital in Liverpool." A woman said.

"Alright. What is this about?"

"We have been informed that you have been taking care about Drew Taylor."

"Yes, I have."

"Um, well her mother was lost in a car crash. She passed away this morning. Her boyfriend asked us to tell you that he doesn't want Miss. Taylor at the funeral. I am sorry for your loss."

"Okay, thank you for calling."

Then the phone hung up. I groaned and set the phone down. Harry looked at me with those sad green eyes. I ran my fingers through my hair.

"What are we going to do?" I asked.

"We have to break it to her easy." Harry stated.

"I know, but I just don't know how to break it to her."

"Well maybe she won't care. I mean, they kind of hated each other, right? There could be a chance that it just passes by her like it's nothing."

"I don't know, Harry. I don't know."

***

I sat Drew down at kitchen table. All day I was trying to come up with ways to break the news to her. I had already told the others about it so if something went wrong with Drew, they would know why. I was really nervous about telling her though. I had no clue what to expect.

"So, you wanted to talk?" Drew asked cautiously.

"Um, yes." I said. "It's about your mother."

Drew's eyes grew with anger. "What about her?"

"She, uh... She passed away from a car crash, Drew. She died last night in the hospital. I'm so sorry."

Drew's face softened and she almost looked hurt. She leaned back in her seat. She stared off blankly to the side, trying to avoid my gaze. I could tell she was crushed. I could see it in her eyes. She may try to look tough, but she actually isn't. She could never manage to hide the emotions in her eyes.

"Drew, are you alright?" I questioned.

Drew immediately looked back at me. Her eyes were stone cold, tears brimming at the corners. She had a smile on her face, clearly forced. She tilted her head to the side. To be honest, it was a bit scary.

"Why would I be upset?" Drew asked.

"Well, your mum died and-"

Drew let out a humorless laugh, sending chills down my spine. She stood up and went over to the fridge. She opened it up then pulled out a bottle of water.

"Why would I care if my mother died? She didn't care about me and I didn't really care about her." Drew said sarcastically. "But you know what sucks? What sucks is that once your mother doesn't care anymore, then you just give up. You don't care anymore."

"Drew." I whispered. "Do you want to talk?"

Drew rolled her eyes then stormed off upstairs. I heard her scream at someone then slam the door shut. The next thing I knew, Ally was running down the stairs.

"Louis, Drew screamed at me!" She whined. "Plus, she kicked me out of the room and slammed the door in my face!

"I know, I heard." I responded.

"Well aren't you going to do something?"

"No."

"But she-"

"Ally, you need to back off! Sometimes people are in bad moods or are having a bad day! I know that you have bad days sometimes too!"

Ally rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. She tapped her foot on the hardwood floor.

"I know that Drew's mother died but that doesn't mean you both have to act like total jerks." Ally spat before she walked off.

Normally I would have punished her for that, but I was too tired to go off. I just needed time to cool down and think.