Chapter One: The Mortal Cup

Start from the beginning

"Ah yes....I remember that. I did what I had to do." She replied with a shrug, they both stopped the moment they arrived at Jocelyn's. Skylar can tell by looking from outside...something had happened...and in a heartbeat...she had ran inside in panic. "Clary!?" She called out and began to look around for her sister, frantically.

Skylar slowly approached her sister and let out a sigh of relief. "Clary.." She said softly, the red head glanced at her sister, soaking wet from the rain and her eyes puffy from all the crying.

"S-Skye..." Clary said and sniffed a bit before shaking her head. "M-Mom has been kidnapped...." This very moment, Skylar felt her heart shatter...her mother was gone...she was taken away from them. In the corner of her eye she saw Dot slowly approaching. "Dot..."

"They took Jocelyn." Was the first thing Dot said.

"Who took her?" Skylar said, stepping in front of Clary. She felt her necklace let out a few pulses, and she knew something was off.

"Rogue Shadowhunters searching for the Mortal Cup." Skylar's eyes widened a bit at the mention of the mortal cup, she gulped and shook her head a bit. She knew about the mortal cup and how her mother may have stolen it from someone important.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Clary asked glancing at her sister then at Dot.

"Think, Clary. Did your mother ever talk to you about a cup? A very important cup." Dot said and stepped forward. "It's gold, almost like a chalice."

"No! No, I don't know anything about a cup, Dot. "Clary paused and stammered. "One of the antiquities downstairs?"

"No, no, not those. Think, Clary. This could save Jocelyn." Dot glanced at Skylar and raised an eyebrow. "Y-You must know." Skylar shook her head and reached for her blade in her back pocket, slowly and cautiously.

"I can't think! Someone kidnapped my mother!"

"You know more than you think you do, Clary and Skylar Fray." Dot hissed as she revealed that this entire time she was a demon, Skylar quickly revealed her blade at the same time and fought off the demon. She hadn't fought demons in a while, in a long time actually. She was distracted by all of Clary's screaming that she had gotten hurt by the demon right on her neck. Skylar groaned and leaned against the wall, thankfully Jace popped in right on time. He stabbed his blade through the demon from behind, her smirked and put his blade away.

"Stay with me, Skye...also...tell your sister to stop screaming." He whispered before cupping her face as he examined the wound on her neck.

"C-Clary...stop...please." Skylar whispered, Clary gulped and watched. Her world was shattering, her hands were shaking uncontrollably and her heart was racing.

"What, no "thank you" for saving your life?" Jace said softly, he was only joking..or was he? Skylar managed to chuckle lightly and stared into his eyes.

"I-I'll thank you w-when you actually save me...from this demon venom...r-running through my veins......" She whispered and blinked slowly before getting sucked into the darkness, it devoured her like nothing.

"Skye!? Will she be alright?" Clary asked, running over to Jace who picked Skylar up bridal style. He nodded and sighed.

"Follow me."

~

"Mom!" Skylar screamed and sat up immediately bumping her head on Alec's. All she could think about what could have happened to her mother and where she was. She was worried and afraid...now that Clary could see the shadow world...Skylar had to show her how to survive in it and she always believed that would be her mothers job not hers. He groaned and muttered a few curses in Spanish before looking at her. "I'm sorry.."

"It's fine...it was my fault anyway." Alec said, rubbing his forehead as Jace entered the infirmary. Clary was with Isabelle, the Lightwood was explaining to her about the shadow world since the boys were busy watching over unconscious Skylar. "Jace was right, you are that girl...how did we forget about you?" He asked himself and let out a long sigh.

"Well I believe it was because we only saw her for two days and then she vanished." Jace said and sat on the edge of the infirmary bed.

"Yes I did." Skylar replied with a nod before clearing her throat and running her hand through her long blonde hair. "Is Clarissa alright?"

"Yes, she's upstairs....asking dozens of questions." Alec replied bluntly and crossed his arms over his chest. "Are you sure you are related to her?"

"I am absolutely positive." Skylar said and smiled a bit which made Alec smile as well before clearing his throat loudly.

"I should get going, Jace will fill you in." Alec said before leaving the infirmary, the blonde looked down at her clothing and raised an eyebrow when she was wearing a large shirt and shorts.

"Uh Jace...did I happen to sleep with you or what?" Skylar asked a bit confused on how she got into these clothes, Jace chuckled clearly amused by the girl. He saw her revealed shoulder, he moved his hand and softly traced the parabatai rune on her collar bone. "Jace?"

"No, you and I didn't sleep together but in my dreams....we did."

"That's very odd considering that I just met you again after a few long years."

"You have a point.." Jace said with a smirk before he went on to explain what was going on and what had happened. When they had finished speaking, Skye had changed into some clothes Isabelle had given her and that was when Clary had dragged them outside to get Darren and Simon. Apparently, Darren was a werewolf and Simon...was Simon.