Chapter One: The Mortal Cup

Start from the beginning

"The paint is for Simon's van. I'm insisting they rename the band." Clary said

"Oh, yes, please." Skylar said with a chuckle.

"Yeah. Did your mom talk to you about that? The heirloom."

"Yeah, it's beautiful. Clary, you're 18 now, and..." Luke began to say wanting to finally tell her the truth but she cut him off quickly.

"What is with you guys? I'm turning 18, it's not like I'm headed off on some epic journey." Clary said, Skylar felt as if time had slowed down as she stared at her sister. Her necklace pulsed a bit which made her gulp.

"I have a feeling we are heading off on some epic journey.." Skylar whispered to herself as everyone else spoke, she slipped off the counter and leave quickly. She had plans tonight to help Isabelle with this investigation.

~

Everything happened so fast, it was  unbelievable and confusing. One minute, Clary is outside with Simon and Maureen working on the van..the next minute Jace accidentally bumped into Clary and revealed she had the sight. All this happening as Skylar was inside the club speaking the Magnus as she waited for Isabelle to arrive.  The blonde was having trouble keeping up, her younger sister ended up chasing after Jace...leading us to now.

Jace had pushed Clary protecting her from the demon and he began to fight off the demon that had attacked him. And of course, Clary had to pick up the seraph blade that Jace was knock out of his hand by the demon. Skylar ran over, grabbing the blade out of Clary's hand the moment it began to glow and killed the demon Jace pushed towards the blade. Clary's eyes widened....did her sister just kill someone? Her mind was spinning and a huge mess, she immediately ran off not knowing what else she could do.

When Alec and Jace killed off the last demon in sync, Isabelle walked over smirking as her whip moved back around her wrist.  "Boys, meet my parabatai Skylnn Fairchild." Isabelle introduced her brothers to the one and only parabatai. 

"Wow...my dreams were accurate." Jace whispered before stepping forward and held out his hand for her to shake.  She shook his hand and smiled before shifting her gaze from Jace to Alec. 

"It's nice to meet you both." Skylar said and sighed. "But I have to go find my now scared, confused to death younger sister."

"I'll come with you.." Jace suggested and smirked. "It would be a better way to get to know you." Skylar shrugged and nodded. 

"Great, we will meet you two both at The Institute." Izzy said and Alec nodded giving Jace a don't-do-it look making Jace roll his eyes. 

~

"How did you and Isabelle meet?" Jace asked trying to start conversation with Skylar, they were heading towards her mother's place. She was ready for her mother to flip out on her and yell at her as well. This wasn't suppose to go down like this at all, Clary and Jocelyn were suppose to talk about the shadow world and explain it to her.

"Uh well I was 11 when I was dropped off at The Institute, I stayed in my room most of the time and I barely came out of my room. And then were little Isabelle Sophia Lightwood, who for some odd reason decided to randomly walk into my room and befriend me. And which she did befriend me, and I was happy. The ceremony took place, Alec and you were there...but I guess I wasn't memorable-" Jace cut her off quickly, shaking his head at what she said.

"You were the blonde with blue eyes, the one who would hop around and talk to me? The one who broke my hand?" Jace asked and Skylar nodded slowly before chuckling.