Girls vs. Boys (24) - Library

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes, not believing him at all. I honestly didn’t know if I had been depressed or not. I was heartbroken, definitely, but I didn’t really know if I had been depressed. I wouldn’t have been surprised if I found out somehow that I had been.

“I’m never talking to him again,” I finally concluded, still not looking over at my brother as he continued to drive. “I don’t even want to ever see him again. He just things he can talk to me or see me after everything he did? I don’t think I’ve ever been this disgusted before. Well… I have to deal with Jesse Jacobsen nearly every day, so never mind that.”

“I don’t blame you for feeling the way you do,” Austin informed me as he pulled into our driveway. “I hate to say that I’m still friends with him, but… I still think what he did to you was horrible. I won’t ever be able to forgive him for that.”

“I have a test tomorrow,” I grumbled, turning away from my brother and opening the car door. “I’m going to go study.”

“You just came back from the library,” Austin blinked, obviously surprised as he got out of the car himself. “Why would you study agai--wait. You’re Jordan Emery, my little sister. This is just like you.”

I stuck my tongue out at him, slamming the front door in his face before starting up the stairs to my room. I took my textbook out and placed it on my desk, getting ready to study, but found myself not wanting to any longer. I let out a sigh, turning toward my bed and collapsing on it before falling asleep almost immediately.

J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~J

Jesse’s P.O.V.

“Dude,” Hunter started, looking down at my heavily bandaged hand. “What the hell did you do to your hand?”

“I was fixing a motorcycle and screwed up,” I shrugged, as if it was no big deal at all. I wasn’t about to tell him why I screwed up, because I was sure I would never hear the end of it. “I just got distracted.”

“By?” Hunter questioned, his eyebrows rising on his forehead.

"By… uh…” was all I could say, not able to think of a good enough excuse. This was bad; I should have had the answer to this question right away.

Hunter smirked. “It’s that girl of yours, isn’t it?”

Well, she wasn’t mine, no matter how much I wanted her to be. She wouldn’t ever be mine, and for some reason it seemed that the way Hunter was saying this was just so that he could rub it in my face.

“Yeah,” I shrugged, not even about to lie. “It was her.”

“What’s this girl’s name, anyway?” he now asked, crossing his arms over his chest. “You’ve talked about her a hell of a lot, but you’ve never told me her name before. So what is it?”

“Her name is Jordan,” I sighed, not able to think of any other name. “Her name is Jordan Emery.”

“Huh,” Hunter nodded, and I felt myself hold my breath. “That name sounds kind of familiar.”

I hoped that it didn’t. I didn’t want them to ever meet each other. Hunter might have been a good friend of mine, but he was a dangerous guy. I didn’t want Jordan to getting into any kind of trouble with Hunter.

“I’m not sure what school she goes to,” I lied, hoping that this would throw him off just a little bit. “Obviously she doesn’t go to my school, but I’m pretty sure she goes to a school right outside of town.”

Hunter nodded. “Maybe I heard someone talk about her before. Whatever. It’s not like I’m ever going to meet her anyway. She’ll probably never be of any importance to me anyway.”