Girls vs. Boys (5) - Jesse Jacobsen

November 21st, 2007

"Wakey-wakey, eggs and bakey, Jordy!"

Two weeks passed, and I didn't see Jesse once. I was hoping that he had just been passing through town when I met him, and now I was never going to see him ever again. It seemed like that was going to happen, and my life started to get back to normal once again.

Whatever normal really was.

I shoved my head back under my covers, not wanting to get up to go to school. My body was never going to get used to waking up so early, no matter how early I went to bed. I just wasn't a morning in the slightest...

Dallas removed my covers from over me, and I let out a groan. I cracked one eye open, expecting to see a plate full of eggs and bacon like he had said there would be, but when I saw that he was holding nothing, I just buried myself even farther into my pillow.

"You don't have food," I complained, curling up into a ball from my lack of blankets.

Dallas rolled his eyes at me. "You don't have time to eat. You need to get ready or you're going to be late for school. Come on, Jordy! It's time to wake up! Austin wants you to get up right now!"

"Why doesn't he come in and try to get me up, then?" I questioned, not even cracking an eye open.

I could tell Dallas rolled his eyes. "Because the last time he tried to wake you up, you almost broke his hand! Plus, he's a chicken, so he sent a real man wake you up."

"A real man? Pssh, sure," Austin now scoffed as he came into the room, making sure to keep his distance from me. Dallas rolled his eyes, but didn't say anything as he now plopped down on top of me.

"Okay!" I rasped, now not able to breathe from how heavy this idiot was. "I'm getting up! I'm getting up!"

And I did as I said I was going to, even though I didn't want to. Everyone had to go to school, and I was sure Jesse was even getting up right then just to go to school, wherever his school was.

I was just glad that I hadn't seen Jesse. I didn't know what I would do if I had to see him again... I'd probably just run away or something. I guessed it depended on wherever I was when I saw him. But I wasn't planning on seeing him again, so things were pretty good.

Now as long as I didn't see him again for the rest of my life... Then everything would be great, and I wouldn't have a worry in the world...

"Do you want to go to the mall with me, Jordan?" Lexi asked me excitedly after school later that day, walking backwards as we made our way out of our school. I was afraid that she was going to fall, but I then remembered that she wasn't Chelsea.

"Not really," I answered honestly, pulling my backpack onto my shoulders a little more. "You know how I don't like shopping, Lexi."

"So?" she asked once again, spinning around so she was now walking normally next to me. "You could replace that shirt that that Jesse guy ruined a couple weeks ago!"

"Why did you have to remind me of him?" I groaned, running a hand over my face as we waited for Austin and Dallas to pick the two of us up now. "I was hoping that I would forget about him. I've been trying to get the stain out of that shirt, but it's just faded. It'll never come out..."

Lexi patted my shoulder sympathetically, but all I could do was stand there and stare at her flatly.

"We're going shopping," she decided after a few moments of silence, and she cut me off before I could protest against the idea. "We're going to tell Austin and Dallas to drop us off at the mall, alright? Alright."