Chapter 100

Everyone met up at the construction site we last fought Zoom at, and all of us were huddled close together to stay safe.

            "I'll tell ya," Cisco tried to lighten the mood, "Jay might be a crazy pants, but he can pick a venue." We approached a giant circular structure that sort of looked like a Ferris wheel. That's ominous as hell.

            Suddenly, Jay shouted from behind us. "Brought the whole crew with you, huh?" he chuckled, holding Joe. "Can't say I'd blame you."

            Barry slowly approached Jay and Joe, but Wally broke loose from the crowd, shouting, "Dad!"

            "Wally!" Iris yelled, pulling him back into the crowd.

            "It's going to be one hell of a show," he laughed.

            Harry pointed his gun at Jay, and Barry demanded, "Let him go."

            "After we race," Jay argued.

            "Cut the crap, we know you plan to power up the magnetar so you can destroy the Multiverse," Harry shouted.

            Jay replied, in an obvious tone, "Bravo, you figured it out . . . almost. I don't want to destroy all of it. This earth is at the center of the Multiverse, the access point to every other earth in existence. One transdimentional shockwave and poof!"

            "Leaving just our earth, how generous of you," I sneered.

            "Need to have some place to hang my cowl," Jay smirked. "You might want to say your goodbyes." Then, Jay and Joe left us alone.

            I quickly turned on my tablet, pressing the button that activated the tachyons we placed inside of his suit earlier in the year. He noticed the increased energy flow, and nodded at me. "Don't worry," Barry said to the group, "I'm going to save him. Get back to Star Labs, it's safer."

            "We're not going anywhere," Cisco stated bravely, "We've got eyes and ears right here."

            I turned the tachyons up to full power, they glowed red under his suit, giving Barry the extra boost he needs. Maybe he'll forgive me now that I helped him defeat Zoom?

            "We believe in you," Harry said proudly.

            As Barry was about walk away, I said, pushing my way through the crowd, "Barry!" he stopped, facing me possibly for a final time. "Kick his ass."

            He smirked, looked at Iris, and then ran away.

            What did that mean? Did he think that was a joke? Was Iris making fun of me?

            She hates me. I let her dad get captured by Zoom. Everything that's gone wrong in the past week has been because of me.

            If I went out on the field when they tried to defeat Zoom, I could have pushed Jay into the breach with my mind, nobody would have been harmed. Instead, I chose to hide away in Star-Labs like a coward.

            Zoom was back on this earth because of me and what I did.

            I'm a coward. I'm a failure.

            I hate this, I hate myself for this.

            Barry faced Zoom, and confidently asked, "What are the rules?"

            "One lap around the inside of this loop will produce about one gigawatt of energy, and I need five hundred plus to power the magnetar enough to do the job, once it's full, I win, because there is no stopping," Jay explained, a smirk permanently plastered across his face.