Chapter 91

"Caitlin's with Zoom," Joe explained to all of us in the Cortex for an emergency meeting. Just half an hour ago, Zoom appeared on our earth holding Caitlin hostage at CCPD. Anxieties ran high throughout the team, because we were absolutely defenseless against Zoom without Barry's speed.

"Why would he bring her here?" Iris pondered.

I explained, a new wave of stress ransacking my body, "He's obviously trying to show power and dominance over us like he did on Earth-2."

"What are you talking about?" Joe asked Harry and I, confused.

Harry explained, looking back on his horrid memories of Zoom's ascension, "First thing he did was murder people, slaughtered a bunch of policemen and then recruited every metahuman he could find. And those who disobeyed, he killed too."

Barry asked Joe, nervous for the safety of his comrade, "Where are the police now?"

"Outside the precinct," Joe replied.

"He's going to kill them, Joe," I explained, grimly. "He'll kill them all if they stay there."

Joe argued, "Not with Caitlin with him. She talked him out of killing everyone when he took over CCPD."

"We can't just rely on Caitlin talking him out of it," I said, harshly. It was like nobody was listening to the words coming out of Harry's or my mouth.

"Joe, you need to get those guys out of there," Harry insisted.

Barry suggested, "What if they set up at Jitters?"

He agreed, "That's a good idea. It's just a block away from the precinct."

"And then what? What happens next? You saw what Zoom did on my earth. He will do the exact same thing here, Barry," Harry yelled, frustrated.

I told Barry bluntly, "We have to get your powers back."

Henry argued, "There must be another way."

"There's not!" I argued, "If there was another way, do you think I would be suggesting we do this to him?" Silence fell over the team, and I took a deep breath. "Harry and I will be in the Pipeline building this shit, if anyone would like to join us, feel free," I explained, trying to calm myself down.

As I stormed out of the Cortex, I grabbed my green army jacket from the back of my chair, and threw it on over my black tank-top.

________

I was stuck building the accelerator by myself for the time being since Harry was busy adjusting my calculations. Never before have I been so aware of my stomach's size than when I was trying to squeeze into the accelerator to place like ten more tachyon devices into the inner ring, because home-girl almost got stuck.

"Wally and Jesse are all good," Joe said, almost sad.

Harry briefly turned around from the board, "Thank you."

Joe walked down the steps to the ground floor, staring at the accelerator. "So, this is what it takes to get Barry his speed back," Joe sighed, disappointed in me.

"It's complicated, but we're almost there," I said, flashing a smile.

"Both of you know that once Barry makes up his mind, it's impossible to change it," Joe explained, trying to coerce us out of the plan.

I replied, heading back to my computer model to check my progress, "So we just have to convince him that this is the only way left before he makes up his mind."

Henry entered the room, stating, "You shouldn't have to convince anyone to do anything against his own will." Shittttt, it's a battle of the dads. "Joe, we're talking about Barry, right? I can't imagine you don't feel the same way."

Joe crossed his arms over his chest. "I mean, right now I don't know what the right thing to do is," Joe replied, defensively.

"Seems clear to me," Henry said.

"This isn't just about your son, Henry," Harry interjected. "This is about the people in Central City, about saving those people. This is about stopping Zoom."

Henry argued, "Your daughter is safe, this could kill my son."

"Henry, you know I wouldn't let that happen," I sighed, trying to ignore the argument.

"The last time he was struck by lightning, he was in a coma for nine months. How did that happen?" he argued, trying to sway my grounded opinion.

I snapped, "I know what I'm doing."

Henry approached me. "You're messing with something that is out of your control," he scowled. "And what if it did work? Well, what then?" Henry turned to Joe. "Joe, he goes up against Zoom? The monster that snapped his back and almost killed him and then took the one thing that he's convinced he needs in order to make him whole?"

I took a deep breath, trying to control myself. "This is the way, this is the only way left," I explained, venom in my voice. "The people of Central City need the Flash right now, not Barry Allen."

"Guys," Joe interrupted, looking at the doorway to seen Barry looking disappointed.

Barry sighed, leaning against the frame. He explained, "I know that you care about me, all of you in your own way, and you all have your own point of view on this but this decision is mine. I have to make it on my own."

____________________________________________________________________

Okay, here's the plan: I want to end this season on Chapter 100 because that would be fucking dope.

Also, I desperately want to get to season 3 so I can make all of you cry.

And so I can have my love, Julian Albert to play with.