Chapter 82

I collapsed onto the living room couch, tired from my stressful day at work and frustrated from the traffic coming home from the airport. My dad sat down in the large chair next to the fireplace, and my brother was using the bathroom.

"So, where's Barry?" My dad asked, not looking up from the newspaper he was reading.

Quickly, I checked the time on my phone, 5:27, he should be off from CCPD now heading towards Star Labs. "He's at work still," I explained, lying to my Dad, "The Captain needs him to work overtime since they just found a huge break in a case."

My dad grunted, "That's nice that he can't find the time of day to spend time with his fiancée and family-in-law."

"Dad," Trey, my brother snapped, exiting the bathroom from behind me. He sat down on the couch next to me, throwing his long and lanky legs onto my lap. "I think it's quite nice that Barry is so invested in his work. Really shows how serious he is about being a detective," Trey grinned, trying to diffuse my dad.

"CSI," I corrected him.

Trey rephrased himself, "How serious he is about being a CSI."

"Your mother would have killed me if I skipped family time for work," Dad scoffed. I rolled my eyes, letting my dad go on his rant about how "Back in my day...". News flash Dad, you had segregation back in your day, so I don't want to hear it.

Trey and I looked at each other, knowing exactly what the other was thinking.

"Hey Dad," I asked, trying to veer him off topic, "what do you want for dinner? I can see if Barry can pick something up after work."

________

Dad, Trey, and I were watching the local news while we waited for Barry to bring home some pizza for dinner. The camera operator was shooting an overhead chase of a gang of bank robbers, and coming from the direction of Star-Labs, Barry gained on the robbers.

"The Flash might be faster than our Man of Steel, eh Dad?" Trey chuckled.

Dad scoffed, "Superman would have already caught the bandits, Flash is just showing off." I rolled my eyes, growing very annoyed with his rudeness.

My dad has no clue that Barry is the Flash, but it seems like he does with him constantly shitting on everything related to Barry.

I sat up, announcing, "I need to finish some work stuff, I'll be in my bedroom if you need me." Then, I quickly disappeared into the bedroom for peace and quiet.

I sat down on the bed, turning on the lamp next to me; I pulled my phone out of my pocket, and proceeded to text Barry, 'My dad is being a super-asshole, you've been warned.'

"Hey Barry!" Trey greeted from the living room. Shit, I was too late. I stood back up, leaving my phone on the nightstand on my side of the bed, and emerged back into the living room.

In his arms, Barry held three pizza boxes from a little Italian place near CCPD—I think it was called Luigi's, but I can't remember since it wasn't as good as the pizza from Coast City.

"Finally, I'm starving," Dad grumbled, getting up from the chair going to the dining room table for food. From across the room, I could see Barry starting to lose his cool from my dad's rudeness, and I honestly don't blame him since my dad can be a massive asshole a lot of the time.