Chapter 32

Listen to the song while reading! ^

It makes the experience ten times more upsetting and tear jerking ;_;

________________________________________________________

I sat at my computer at my first day back at work, and this morning, Cisco and Caitlin had organized a welcome back party; Barry was only able to stay for a few minutes since he's working two jobs.

It's so weird not seeing Eobard all day—as himself or Wells. The cortex feels empty without him.

I glanced over at Cisco, he was watching the monitors for crime, and Caitlin wasn't even in the room. "I need some air," I stood up from my desk and lied.

Before Cisco could even make a sarcastic comment, I was already halfway down the hallway to the elevator. I just...I need to see him.

I pressed the arrow pointing down, and the elevator doors dinged open. Quickly, I stepped inside, and pressed the button 52b.

----

God, what do I even say? I'm sorry for lying to you, manipulating you, hitting you in the head with a pipe, and then shooting you in the back with in an arrow? No, because he would hate you even more, Finn!

I'm sorry for pretending to love you so I could live?

I'm sorry for trying to kill you twice within two minutes?

I'm sorry for toying with your emotions?

I'm sorry for being such a bitch? Ok, that one could work.

----

The elevator doors opened to the particle accelerator's level, and with my heart pounding in my chest, I slowly exited the elevator. Only a short hallway separated us, but I could hear Barry and Eobard talking in the prison.

"What?" Eobard sarcastically asked, "No Big Belly Burger? That's one of the few perks of living here in this time. We're out of cows where I come from. You don't care about that, you have questions, go ahead, ask."

I stopped walking right where the hallway cut off to the accelerator so I could listen.

Barry huffed, "I'm not sure where I should start, Thawne. That is you're real name? Eobard Thawne?"

"Since the day I was born," He replied.

"And when was that?" Barry pressed.

Eobard smirked, "One hundred and thirty-six years from now. That's not what you want to know," He paused, "Go ahead Barry, ask it."

Barry spat, "Why did you kill my mother?"

"Because I hate you," Eobard snarled, "Not you now, you years from now."

"In the future?" He questioned.

Eobard corrected, "In a future. Yes, we're enemies, rivals, opposites, reverses of one another."

Barry was flustered, "Why? W-wh-why-why are we enemies?"

"It doesn't matter," Eobard sighed, "It doesn't matter anymore. What matters is that neither of us is strong enough to defeat the other...until I learned your secret. I learned you're name," He laughed at the irony, "Barry...Allen—the husband of my idol and the person that I would ironically come to fall in love with.