Chapter 5

We had the Star-Labs van parked on an old landing strip we use for testing, and Barry was being chased by Cisco's drones. I could help but to laugh at him, because the way he moved was like a baby deer—very uncoordinated.

            Cisco and I were controlling the drones with a tablet, and I was pretty much just torturing Barry by shooting at him. "You are so mean!" Barry yelled running away from the drone.

            I laughed, "Thank you!"

            Barry had run all the way to the end of the landing strip, and Cisco stopped the drone for now. Caitlin came up behind us and stated angrily, "That was too close." The drone came whizzing back to our makeshift lab.

            "He told us to make it hard," Cisco chuckled, and Wells snorted from behind.

            She snapped, "Pretty sure he didn't tell you to make him dead."

            "That's why we have Finn here, Caitlin; she'll be able to stop the bullets before they can touch Barry," Wells explained mentioning my previous training sessions, and he turned to Cisco and I, "Remember, this is just supposed to be a training exercise to improve Barry's speed."

            Over the speaker in the tablet, Barry taunted, "Cisco, Finn, are you going to bring it or what?"

            Wells huffed, "Bring it." I smirked with excitement, and launched Cisco's heavy duty drone armed with missiles.

We all entered into the offices, and Cisco asked confused, "Captain Cold is back?"

            I sat down at my desk, and took a sip of my green tea. "Captain Cold?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

            Wells explained to me, "For a non-metahuman, Leonard Snart is proving to be quite the nemesis for Mr. Allen."

            Cisco shook his head angrily, "He still has the cold gun, the one he stole from us, the one I built."

            My mouth hung open, and I asked in shock, "You built a cold gun?"

            He laughed, "Yes, and it was awesome!"

            "I would assume it works on Barry well since it's freezing the molecules—" I stated but Caitlin cut me off.

            She huffed, "Well, what does he want this time?"

            Barry leaned against the end of my desk, and sighed, "The Flash. If Snart wants a fight with the Flash, then I'll give him one."

            "Bar, I know I'm the brains in our relationship," I said glaring at him, "but you can't possibly think this is a good idea—I don't even know Snart, and I think it's a bad idea!"

            Barry smiled, "Finn, I'll be fine. I promise."

            I sighed, shook my head, and leaned back in my chair. There was a silence, and Harrison disrupted it by calmly saying, "Well."

            "You don't think I should?" Barry asked with a raised eyebrow, and I rested my legs on his lap.

            Harrison sighed, "I didn't say that. But, Barry, as fast as you are, you cannot be everywhere at once. And it becomes a question of priorities."

            "With what Dr. Wells' filled me in over the last month, I can see you've made a commitment to enhancing your speed and everything—clearly it's working—but there's one fact you can't ignore: even you cannot out run the cold," I explained.

            Barry looked at me and Wells flustered, and asked nervously, "Ok, but what am I supposed to do, just ignore Snart?"

            I stated, "Stands to reason."

            "The last time you had a fight with Snart," Wells explained sternly, "a train derailed. You were lucky to get all those people to safety. And if you don't give him that fight—"

            Barry realized, "He may just back off, and they'll be no casualties." I moved my legs off of his lap, and Barry began to pace around the office.

            "Look Barry," Wells sighed and wheeled around, "Cisco, Finn, and I will work with Joe and the police to devise a way to catch Cold," Cisco sat down next to me looking surprised that Harrison used his villain nickname, "Yes, I said it, Cisco. As soon as it came out of my mouth, I heard it. Hopefully, we can incorporate Ms. Carter's abilities into the trap."

            Cisco logged on to the computer, high fived me, and said to Harrison as he rolled in front of Barry's suit, "Yeah, Finn and I can definitely come up with ways to neutralize Snart."

            Pretty much cutting the rest of the world off, Cisco and I started discussing the plan. "Ok," I asked curiously, "Does Snart have any known weaknesses?" I logged on to my computer, and started pulling up files.

            "None that we know," Cisco laughed, "but he's greedier than Scrooge McDuck."

            "Good reference," I smiled, and then scanned through Snart's file, and muttered, "Mick Rory is his partner. What if we use the guns against them; like make them shoot at another?"

            Cisco replied, "Nah, they're too smart to fall for something like that." Everyone filed out of the atrium, leaving Cisco and I alone.

            "Damn," I sighed, "I don't really know then. They're not metahumans so I can't figure out a definite weakness except death."

            There was silence, but Cisco stated seriously, "I need to show you something."

            "What is it?" I asked curiously, and he motioned me over to his computer.

            I rolled my chair to Cisco's desk, and on the monitor was a video clip of the night the Reverse Flash came. "Watch," Cisco instructed, and played the video of the Reverse Flash attacking Wells.

            Chills ran up my back, and I began to feel paranoid—I felt like I wasn't supposed to be watching this. The Reverse Flash beat Wells to hell and back, and at the very end of the video something felt off.

"Play the last ten seconds again," I instructed, and my eyes searched within the video screen for something that seemed off, "Again."

My eyes made their way to the Reverse Flash and Wells, and then I saw the impossible. I said, "Zoom in on Dr. Wells." Cisco replayed the video with the screen focused only on Wells. He lies on the ground powerless against the man beating him to death, but three seconds before the video ended my eyes could believe what they saw: Harrison Wells' left leg moved.

Chills went all around my body, and I whispered to myself, "Oh my god." Cisco stared at me in fear, and under my breath I trembled, "His leg moved."

"Cisco, Finn," Dr. Wells asked wheeling behind us, "Any ideas on how to stop Snart?" I quickly exited the video.

I stared at the computer screen in absolute fear, because the man who had been in a wheel chair for a year and a half just moved his leg—who knows what else he could be hiding.

Cisco panicked, "Oh. No, not really. We think it would be a better idea to see what the CCPD has to offer."

"Perfect, I'll get my coat," Harrison smiled, "Ms. Carter?" His voice changed to worry, "Are you alright?"

I turned around to face Dr. Wells, and said flustered, "Yeah, I just think my oxygen's getting a bit low."

Wells smiled, "I'll have Dr. Snow get you your oxygen tank."

__________________________________

Hey guys, long time no see *sweats nervously*

please don't kill me

I kind of avoided writing this story for two months and I'm really sorry to all those I made suffer, BUT I PLAN TO WRITE A TON OVER THE SUMMER

Yeah, I know I suck

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee