Chapter 68

I sprinted to the Cortex still wearing my headphones around my neck and my goggles on my face. Barry, Harry, and Caitlin were gathered around Cisco as he rubbed his temples. "What happened?" I demanded, joining Barry's side.

"Harry and I were trying to hone my powers to find Zoom, and then we ended up using them, finding the Reverse Flash, and that's when I saw him kill Doctor McGee. And then he left," Cisco explained, sighing.

Barry asked loudly, "He left? What do you mean, he left?"

"Thawne had Doctor McGee build him some kind of speed machine and he ran into it and got flung back to the future," Cisco explained. My heart stopped.

I just did that with RING-1 and RING-2.

"You'd need superluminal energy to send someone through time," Harry murmured, looking at me.

Barry asked, "Like tachyons?" Harry nodded. "We can track their location once they've been activated."

Harry activated the tachyon scanner on the computer.

I leaned back on the desk, a cold chill running up my spine. "Finn, are you okay?" Caitlin asked softly.

Everyone stared at me. "He used RING-1 to fling himself to the future," I whispered. Then I asked frantically, "How fast was Thawne going when he went through RING-1?"

Cisco shrugged, "Not very."

My eyes lit up. I lifted up a finger, signaling an idea. A grin spread on my face.

"What?" Barry asked confused.

I placed my goggles back onto my eyes, grabbed Cisco's tool box from his desk, and placed my headphones back onto my ears. Quickly, I sprinted out of the Cortex and back down to the Pipeline.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Cisco was laid onto the stretcher in Caitlin lab covered in his own blood and seizing. Harry, Joe, and I tried to hold him still as Caitlin called Barry back up and searched for a sedative.

"What's happening?" Barry asked.

Caitlin explained, looking at Cisco's vitals on her computer, "He's experiencing an uncontrollable amount of electrical energy in his brain, putting him in a prolonged state if chronic seizing."

Barry stood still, not helping what so ever, and asked franticly, "What? Can you stop it?"

"I don't know!" Caitlin replied, terrified. "Hold him down!"

Joe exclaimed, "We're trying to."

"Sedate him, Snow," Harry yelled, "now!"

Caitlin returned back to Cisco's bedside with a syringe of benzodiazepine. I held down on Cisco's legs extra tight as she administered the injection into his thigh. He stopped seizing almost immediately.

Joe sighed, "Finally."

Then, once all of us had our hands off of Cisco's body, be suddenly became translucent. "What the? What the fuck is this?" I shouted.

"What's going on? Where the hell am I?" Cisco shouted from the void, frightened.

Barry yelled, "Cisco!"

Harry quickly explained, "It's the time line." Barry looked at him confused, and Harry began to panic, "When you . . . when you captured Reverse-Flash, we ruptured the time line. That's what this . . . All the blood and the seizures and that and all . . . Cisco is being affected too . . . too. By the changed to the time line. The changes to the past or the changes to the present . . . This is what this is. We need to do something. We need to do it fast."

"Like what?" Joe asked horrified.

"We need to restore the time line," I franticly stated. "Barry you need to get Eobard and send him back to the future as quickly as possible!"

Barry looked at me like I was insane, and he asked very angry, "What? Are you—." He yelled at me, "I just caught him! You want me to let him go?"

"Keeping him here is killing Cisco!" I shouted, louder than Barry.

Joe pleaded, "Barry, if this is the only way we can save him, you got to do it!" Barry was panicking. "You've got to let go of Thawne!"

He cried out, "I can't. Okay, alright, look, I destroyed the tachyon drive in the speed machine. There's no way it'll reach a speed necessary to send him back home."

I glared at Barry. "Are you fucking kidding me, Barry?"

"Finn, we can use your RING thing," Harry exclaimed. "We activate RING-1, and have you catapult Thawne through the time continuum."

"You can do it, Bar," I encouraged.

Barry nervously nodded his head. "Alright, alright. Let's do it. Let's do it."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

From the Cortex, I watched as Barry and Eobard built up enough speed to activate RING-1.

"Come on," I mumbled, doing the Barry thinking-hands. Then, the alert popped up on the monitor indicating that the two speedsters were going fast enough to activate RING-1. Over my headset, I instructed, "Do it now, Barry."

Suddenly, Barry stopped, and Eobard was gone.

"He did it," Harry mumbled. Cisco stopped seizing, slowly.

Then, Barry appeared in the Cortex, looking relieved to see that Cisco was okay. I ripped off my headset, and started jumping from pure joy. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" I shouted.

Just as Eobard predicted, I'd figured out time travel.