Chapter 61

I parked the Star-Labs van alongside the curb in front of the third bell tower, and I took a log drink of my espresso since it was a long day and night. All of us exited the van, and Cisco stated, "Looks like we're zero for two on the bell towers, huh?"

Harry chuckled, "I like to think of it for as now we know exactly where they are."

Sitting on the floor of the van with the door wide open, I instructed Harry, "Okay, let's do this again. Give me your best Wells."

"I'm not doing the Wells again, Finn," Harry groaned.

I glared, holding up the earbuds Cisco and I made, "Look," I explained, "we just made these anti-mind-control ear buds. They can fail, and if they do, your toast, so you're going to need to nail it if you want to live. Take a shot of espresso and stop being such a grumpy-ass."

Harry took the thermos from my hand, and drank the rest.

He sighed, and then started the monologue I gave him. "Finn," he recited badly, "please . . .Please come home with me. I can give you what you want." Harry noticed my glare. "What?"

"Okay," I sighed, "uh, that sucked. This time make it a lot creepier but also pretend that you're talking to your wife. Like you really love me and you really want me to go home with you."

Harry took a deep breath. "Finn," he recited genuinely, "Please . . . please come home with me. I can give you whatever you want. Please. I love you."

Chills ran up my back. "Yeah," I said quietly, "you've got it. Go get her." I handed the ear buds to Harry, and Cisco and I put our pair in.

________

Caitlin stood outside of Grodd's bell tower, and she yelled up, "Grodd!".

There was a breach close by that Harry was sure would take Grodd to a place where he would feel at home, and that means he would be around more giant, hyper-intelligent, telepathic gorillas like him on Earth-2.

I peered from behind the corner since I wasn't able to see Grodd at the bell tower, and I prayed that he couldn't sense me.

Then, exploding from the stained-glass windows, the biggest fucking gorilla I've ever seen in my life fell down to the ground in front of Caitlin. "Oh my god," I whispered, but Barry grabbed Caitlin and I before Grodd could get her.

Both of us were dropped off where Harry and Cisco were setting up my speed cannon in front of the breach. I turned around to face Cisco, and I yelled excited, "OH MY GOD THAT WAS THE BIGGEST FUCKING GORILLA I'VE EVER SEEN!"

I was in a state of shock and awe, but Harry asked angrily, "Can you help us set up this thing?"

"Yeah," I grinned, joining Harry. I set up the third speed cannon with ease, and started on the fourth as I blabbed on and on about how Grodd was the coolest thing I've ever seen in my entire life and how we should make nice versions of him.

Barry asked over Cisco's phone as he stood in the center of the circle Harry was drawing, "Cisco, are you guys ready?"

"Yeah, I'm in position," he replied.

I explained to all three of them, "Once we turn on the speed cannon, the quark matter will stabilize, stretching the breach about this big, so anywhere within the circle will suffice."

Cisco, Harry, and I moved to the side of the road behind the speed cannons, and Barry came running down from the overpass above us. He asked into his earpiece, "I don't have eyes on Grodd. Does anyone see him?"