Chapter 63

"I can't believe Joe has a son he never knew about," I stated in surprise. Barry sat across from me in the Cortex looking sympathetic for his dad. "Is Joe going to look for him?" I questioned.

Barry shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know. He feels guilty for not being there when he was a kid, but I would hope he would meet Wally eventually."

Then, all of the monitors in the Cortex turned on, and the Trickster's face was plastered across the walls. He was uncomfortably close to the camera, and was manically singing, "Flash-y the red-nosed speedster had a very shiny suit, and if you ever saw him, you might even want to puke. Merry Christmas, kiddie-winks. I'm back!"

Caitlin, Jay, and Cisco rushed into the Cortex to alert Barry and I, but we had beat them to it.

The Trickster explained devilishly, "Citizens, you know, the holidays can be a for gentle reflection on the year past. Our ups and downs, our triumphs and heartaches, but don't forget, it can also be a time for disemboweling our enemies."

Jay stated, "We don't have a Trickster on Earth-2."

"He is one of a kind," I sighed.

"No, my stocking won't be completely stuffed until it's filled to the brim with bloody Flash parts. So what do you say, speed freak? Want to roast chestnuts?" he laughed, evilly.

Barry approached the monitors, trying to study the Trickster's whereabouts, and he glanced back at Cisco asking, "Are there any clues as to where he is based on the video?"

"None that I can see," Cisco replied, sitting down at his computer to analyze the footage of Jesse making weird faces at the camera.

Jay narrowed his eyes. "Guys, there's a reflection of something in his cornea, see?" Jay pointed out, and the camera zoomed in onto his eyes.

I joined the crowd at the monitors, squinting my eyes to try to see what the reflection was. "What is that?" I asked aloud, staring at the brown colored mass in his cornea.

"Not sure," Caitlin replied, trying to debunk the shape.

Harry, coming from seemingly nowhere, explained in shock, "That's Mr. Jiggle Wiggle."

Cisco hunched over at his desk, demanded, "Come again?"

"It's a doll," Harry explained, "A stuffed children's toy. I gave one to my daughter when she was six."

Cisco clacked at his keyboard, pulling up multiple sources of information, and explained, reading off his screen, "Mr. Jiggle Wiggle was manufactured by Okamura Toys . . . Yahtzee! Okamura once had a shipping facility in Central City that shut down four years ago; it's been abandoned ever since. What if Weather Wizard's there? The Wand's not finished."

Barry shrugged, "Well, the Trickster is." He took his suit, and ran away in a streak of lightning.

I looked over at Cisco. "Come on," I instructed hastily, moving back to his lab, "we need to finish that wand."

________

I listened over the headset to Mardon's offer to Barry: he kills Barry to spare one hundred families from being blown up by the Trickster. There was silence over the radio.

Then, Barry's vitals suddenly dipped, and alarms went off from Caitlin's computer. "Cisco," I instructed, panicked, "pull up the security cameras!"

Cisco projected the footage onto all the monitors in the Cortex, and all of us saw Barry clutching his stomach while lying on the ground in pain. "They're going to kill Barry!" Caitlin yelled, panicked.