Chapter Thirty Three - Let Me Love You

BUT...... before I can tell you about our Runyon Canyon adventure, I have GOT to tell you about Justin's little surprise he had for me after we ate at the Italian restaurant. First we had gelato 🍧 at "Gelateria Uli." So Italian. He got the Wild Strawberry 🍓 and I got the Banana Chocolate. 🍌 🍫 It complimented the dinner very well.

Where are we going?" I asked him like a curious child as we were heading out back to the limo that was parked outside. "It's a surprise," he winked. I LOVE SURPRISES. I hopped in the back seat with him, we put on our seatbelts and not long after that, we were on our way to the unknown destination.

As our driver was taking us there, Justin and I just held hands silently. His hand is so masculine but so warm and soft. The way a young man's hand should be. I really do love him - not for his lifestyle. I never really had any idea what it's like to be loved, but Justin shows me times ten. I feel very blessed. While I'm lost in my pleasant thought, Justin pulled me out of my reverie by picking up my hand and kissing it. I love how he can be so gallant in an old fashioned way. I can't believe he would fall for a dowdy girl like me.

Anyways, when the limo driver parks at a beach on the outskirts of the town, I'm impressed, to say the very least. I hop out enthusiastically just like the big kid I am. "Let's go," he said. "I'll bet I can beat you to the water!!!!"

"I'll bet otherwise!" I said to him coyly as I sprinted first to the water. Justin is quick to follow me. I can run pretty fast, but he's much faster. He's hot on my trail. I run as fast as I can from him, but on foot with my little female legs, I have no chance. When we're ten feet away from the water he seizes me. I yelped when his fingertips make contact with my belly and boobs, and he scoops me off my feet. It's amazing what sensations can come from hands alone. Justin's holding me from behind and I'm not sure what comforts me more - the warmth of his body heat or the sense of security and being loved that's triggered by it. Justin is practically my first boyfriend because Damon didn't quite give me the respect I deserve or show me the courtesy and chivalry that I craved. How fortunate of me to find those qualities (and then some) in this much better and more mature man.

The sky is a clear, crisp blue bowl. It's about 4:00 in the afternoon. There are gulls flying above us, crying. Then I realize that we're all alone. I found it queer in a miraculous way that it was just the two of us. We stood there staring at the ocean and the gulls flying in the distance.   Justin's facial stubble scratched my left cheek but in a way I didn't mind at all. It's a painfully pleasant reminder that he's here. His tattooed arms are around my middle and my arms are crossed and my hands are clutched on his arms. I don't want to let go. I don't want HIM to let ME go. Essentially I was glad that we were eachother's company. At that point we had no concept on beating one another to the water.

After a bit, Justin eased both of us from our silent reverie. "Let's go for a swim." He says as he disrobed himself, exposing the rest of his tattoos. I sheepishly follow suit. I don't usually get undressed in public. I took off my dress and my shoes afterwards so I was stripped down to my pink frilly two-piece bikini. Justin took my hand. "C'mon, Latara. You ain't gotta feel insecure. You're sexy and beautiful. Like I said to you when you were at my place, that shade of pink really does flatters your skin."
I blushed and followed him into the water. Justin didn't hesitate when he went in first. You can tell he's been swimming a hundred times. But I cannot remember the last time I swam in an ocean. Maybe I was 12? I can't remember how I sucked it up at Khalil's pool party. Maybe the excitement of seeing Justin again that day distracted me. But here the newness kinda faded a bit and the second my big toe kissed the water, I flinched back at the nearly ice cold temperature of the water as a reflex. My next thought was worrying about the impression I made on Justin from that. Does he think I'm being a wimp? But he's so understanding. "It's alright, babe. Come here. I'll keep you warm." He says softly. He reached out his hand once again. I wasted no time taking his hand. He gently pulled me into the water with him until we were facing eachother. "You good now?" He asks me.