Chapter Thirty One - Sofia

"You know," Justin says to me the next morning over bed and breakfast. "I also have another single in the works. This one's with DJ Snake."

"Nice! What's it called?"

" 'Let Me Love You.' "

"I'm so proud of you. I always am. " I kissed his face.
He's proving the haters wrong, as though winning his (long-deserved) first Grammy wasn't enough.

"When's it going to be released?"

"Um.... a month from now?"

"I can't wait to hear it!"

"And I....." Justin says, inching closer to me. "Can't wait for you to 'Let Me Love You.' "

I laughed off his pun and cuddled up with him. I knew exactly what he meant. I love him, but I want to wait until I'm married. Justin knows this. And I'm not going to expect him to propose to me now, especially since he fears commitment and seems to have trouble settling down, even though he wants to find Mrs. Right. I wasn't sure if I was.

Before we headed out, Damon's story made the news:

"Damon Evans, 24, the ex boyfriend of model Latara, was arrested last night for breaking and entering and assaulting Justin Bieber's rumored girlfriend with a knife."

They then showed his mugshot, and based on his glum expression, he was not at all pleased about going to jail. 

"His motive was reportedly because she posted his phone number online to get back at him, hence the crazy amount of calls and texts he got from strangers. A furious Evans immediately blamed Latara, tracked her down via Samsung Galaxy GPS, and broke into the arena to confront her. Based on what arena security and Frankfort police observed from security cameras, he attacked her, slit her forearm with a pocket knife and tried to sexually assault her. " It then shows the footage of that via the security cameras in the stadium. "Damon was caught just before further damage was done, snatched by security and the Frankfort Police department was called on him. Damon Evans was later arrested for emotional distress, trespassing, assault and battery, attempted rape, and attempted murder. The police also found out, based on the info that Damon and Latara gave them, that they dated back in 2012 when she was only 16 years old and he was 19, so he was also arrested for statutory rape. At this moment, Evans has been incarcerated and is facing 15 to 20 years behind bars."

"Serves his ass RIGHT." Justin boomed.

We were so happy that Damon got what he deserved. I felt sorry for his children, because they had such an ignorant, malicious and vile father. He has no virtues. He can't even man up and own up for his shit and apologize! I also felt sorry and embarrassed for the children because he is not equipped mentally, physically, or financially to be a dad.  Not to mention their equally ignorant, malicious and uneducated mother, Katerina. At least I felt safe.

Before long, we finally got up and took a stroll along downtown Frankfort. It's so pretty and much simpler than Minneapolis or Los Angeles. "Hey, Latara, can I ask you something?" Justin broke the ice.

"Uh, yes sure. What is it?"

"I don't mean to be rude.... but I just wanna know why you always wear your hair in a half ponytail?"

"Well, my hair has a tendency to get messy easily, especially because I have ethnic hair, and be in the way of things.  When I wear my hair in a ponytail, I can... you know..... concentrate on things..... Also because it gets so hot and I need it out of the way. When I wear my hair in a ponytail, I don't have to worry about it getting wet when I drink at a water fountain or it getting stuck in my lipgloss."