8.

TRIGGER WARNING, EATING DISORDER, I WILL PUT A WARNING✖️
-

I grabbed the mascara and layered it onto my brown eyes, I went over my appearance once again in the mirror, I decided it looked decent and there wasn't anyway that Granny could criticise it, I was in a denim skirt that buttoned at the front, black opaque tights, some black dolly shoes with a small bow where the toes were, a white Cotten jumper that had a triangular pattern. I made my way downstairs and most of the family were down there, my family wasn't big, 3 of my grandparents were dead, my mother was an only child and my dad had two younger sisters who had 3 children between them, one who was my age, Harriette, and one who was 23, Louise and a 15 year old, Joseph, my two aunties were Theresa and Marie, both very uptight women.

"Hello." I greeted them all and gave them small hugs and pecks on the cheeks.

"That skirt is awfully short, don't you think Amelia." My granny commented.

"Is it?" I asked, I glanced down at my skirt it was mid thigh, which I thought was decent enough.

She stared me up and down for a few minutes. "Have you gained weight?" She asked as she observed my figure.

"Would you like anything to drink, Granny?" Bella asked quickly, before I could answer the woman, I didn't think I was fat, I didn't really look after my weight but I ate properly and only pigged out when I was with the boys. Bella wheeled her to the kitchen as she was quite old and needed to be in a wheelchair as she couldn't walk long distances, so it was just easier.

I didn't eat much for dinner, the whole weight comment really got to me, it gave me flashbacks to when I was 13, and overweight. I promised myself I wouldn't retaliate, I was happy with who I was. I didn't want to go back to the way I was, what I struggled with for 4 years.

Next was presents, I couldn't enjoy them as I could feel the food just settling in my stomach, I looked down and saw my muffin top slightly poking out, I sighed, no one noticed me slip out, they were all staring at Molly who was amazed by all the presents she had received.

WARNING✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

I ran to my ensuite, the furthest bathroom away from where everyone was sitting, I stared at the mirror for a few minutes, trying to make up my mind, whether I was going to do what I swore to never do ever again, I dropped to my knees in front of the toilet, pulled my hair into a neat pony tail, and shoved two fingers down my throat, I stayed there for a few more minutes, bringing up everything I had in my stomach, it wasn't until I was gagging, which I rarely do, that I stopped, I stared at the mirror once again, my mascara ran down as far as the tip of my nose, my eyes were bloodshot, I pulled my hair down and fixed it as best I could, I quickly fixed my make up and walked down stairs again, I thought I'd feel better after doing what I did, but I felt worse, I knew it was going to become a regular thing, just like before, I sighed before walking into the large sitting room, crowded with my family members, they didn't notice me slipping in so I sat on the arm of my fathers chair, they were still focused on Molly, who wasn't done opening her presents.

WARNING OVER, HAPPY READING✖️
-

"New York baby!" Tristan screamed, running towards the car that was bringing us to the airport, he had grabbed my bags for me and brought them to the car. I laughed at his actions, the two of us were in the back, Brad driving, Charlie in the front with him, Connor and James in the middle.

It was around an hour drive to the airport, so I grabbed my earphones from my pocket and dug them into my phone, putting Spotify on shuffle.

It was five minutes into the journey before I was poked on the side of the head, and my phone was taken from my hand, an earphone took from my right ear, I opened my eyes to see Tristan, with my earphone in his ear, gesturing for me to unlock my phone, to pick a song I was guessing.