Chapter 62: Wrath & Banter

Start from the beginning

Niall quickly turned around, angry expression was evident on his face. "And you!" He flicked his boyfriend's pointy nose.

The Bradford lad yelped in shock as he covered his nose with his hands as a response. His seductive trance was changed in astonishment in a matter of seconds. He couldn't possibly understand why his boyfriend was turning on him.

"What did I do?" Zayn complained.

"What is the matter with you?" The anger on blonde's voice was not faltering a bit. But Zayn had a confused expression on his face, indicating that he doesn't understand what his boyfriend was talking about.

"Why do you make your life mission is to agitate Liam?" Niall placed a hand in his waist, adding effect to his anger and frustration towards his boyfriend. "The only person who knows about us and yet you try to your best to make him angry. What, are you crazy?"

Zayn realized that Niall do makes sense. It's a bad idea to irk the only person who knows about their hidden relationship. He was about to respond when they heard a knocking sound on the door.

"WHAT?!" Niall growled, snapping his head to where the sound originating from. He marched his feet against the floor as if it weighed a ton. Both lads were literally in terror at this sudden change of personality in Niall.

Niall turned the doorknob abruptly, opening the door. Bobby was standing on the other side of the door. He had a confused expression on his face as well.

"What is it, Dad?" Niall sighed deeply, controlling his fury boiling within him. He knew better than to explode in another person.

"You have to sleep in the guest room."

"Why?" Niall asked, raising an octave in his tone.

"You know the rules, Niall," Bobby looked intently at his son. They stared at one another for a good half-a-minute until Niall realized what his father was referring to.

"Oh?" Niall sighed in a defeated manner. "Yeah, yeah, I get it," He rolled his eyes out. "No boys allowed in my bedroom."

Both Liam and Zayn exchanged weird glances to one another, wondering what Niall meant until Zayn realized what's going to happen next.

"Wait, you mean I have to share the bed with Liam?" The mere thought of sharing a bed with Liam was extremely repulsive to Zayn to the point that he imagined millions of tarantulas were crawling against his skin.

"And do you have a problem with that?" Bobby asked with his authoritative tone. He crossed his arms over his chest, definitely not subtle about his disapproval of Zayn's assuming tone.

"Uhhh... no sir," Zayn chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

And with that, Bobby escorted his son out of the room, leaving Liam and Zayn in Niall's room. Once again, they threw suspicious glares at one another like having their previous staring contest earlier. Both lads were definitely feeling the intense energy that were exchanging between them. Both of them were slowly approaching the bed, not breaking away the glares from one another. With his quick reflex, Liam jumped on the bed within a split second, slumping his massive body on top of it.

"Already called the bed," Liam laughed, taunting Zayn who was standing nearby the bed.

"Is that so?" Zayn responded with a menacing tone. He was planning to get even with Liam who claimed his boyfriend's bed. In all honesty, he should be the one on the bed, considering it's his boyfriend's bed.

"Yeah, didn't you just hear me?" Liam mocked. "Thank God, you're pretty."

"Thank you. I appreciate the compliment."

"It's not a compliment." Liam stated.

Zayn immediately realized what Liam meant. Liam was insinuating that he had a pretty face but with incredibly dull mind. Zayn admitted that he's got the looks but he was not stupid.

"Is that so?" Zayn asked, gritted his teeth, trying his best to mask his annoyance. He was fuming in extreme irritation. If only he had been a cartoon character, he was sure that there was steam of smoke coming out of his ears.

He wanted to get even.

Zayn quickly grabbed the blanket where Liam was lying to and pulled it in an abrupt motion, pushing Liam out of bed. The floor slightly vibrated due to the impact of Liam's buttocks slamming into the floor.

"Who's stupid now?" Zayn responded in a smug manner, looking down on the lad who was caressing his behind.

"That was totally uncalled for!" Liam growled, still feeling the effects of his sudden drop.

"You basically ask for it," Zayn defended himself. He doesn't like when people assumed that just because he's an eye candy doesn't mean that he's an airhead. There's more substance within than people assumed that he has.

"So for that, I'll take the bed instead," Zayn suggested, sitting on the bed then stretching his feet on it. He lay down and a slow moan erupted from him as soon as his back pressed on the soft mattress.

"Oooh, that's the stuff," Zayn breathed out in relief.

Liam stood up, glaring at the lad who claimed the bed.

"If you think that I'm gonna sleep on the floor, then you are sadly mistaken," Liam threatened, pushing the raven-haired lad on the other side of the bed. He sat on the left side of the bed, pulling the half of the blanket all over him. Both lads were trying their best to pull the blanket on their side because they both knew that it's going to be cold in the middle of the night and no one deserved to freeze to death.

Liam gave up after three minutes because he was distracted by a chattering voices outside but Zayn nagging him was not helping so he decided to slap his hand towards Zayn's mouth in order to hear the voices. The next thing he knew was a sharp pain emanating from his hands, realizing that Bradford lad bit him.

"What the fuck?!" Liam shook his hard so fast to alleviate the pain. When he stopped shaking his hands, he could see deep, red bite marks on his hand.

"You bit me! What are you, eight?"

"Well, if you stop shoving your big, smelly hands in my mouth then I would," Zayn answered with a sarcasm in his tone.

"I'm trying to shut you up!"

"Why's that?"

"Because you are annoying!" Liam retorted back but Zayn gave him a suspicious look. "But actually I just wanna hear the voices."

"What voices?"

Liam pointed the voices coming out from the other side of the door. Zayn became quiet, assuming he's trying to hear what Liam was hearing. The Wolverhampton lad was right; there were voices on the other side of the door, familiar voices to be exact: Niall's voice and Bobby's voice that sounded like bickering weakly. They couldn't hear it properly so the curiosity got the best of them and the next logical thing to do is to eavesdrop...